1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox mod chips? - HELP!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by amuncey, Aug 17, 2004.

1. amuncey

amuncey Member

Hey,
    First things first , i am a complete boon to xbox backups,
    I have a dvd +/- rw drive so i wish to make dvd backups not the ones where you copy the game to hdd.
    I was just wondering is there a mod chip available in uk that is:
    a)solderless (easy install for a boon)
    b)i will still be able to play on xbox live, i.e the ones with a switch where i insert the original and play online / even better can play online with my backup.
    Also if there is one that plays xbox live backups with few soldering wires, what chip would you recommend?

Can anyone help please?
    kind regards
    muncey

2. lumbie

lumbie Guest

I have a dvd +/- rw drive so i wish to make dvd backups not the ones where you copy the game to hdd.
    I was just wondering is there a mod chip available in uk that is:
    a)there are solderless modchips in the uk but the best way to fit a modchip is by soldering it in
    b)yes you will still be able to play on live so long as you get one with a modchip disable feature there is no modchip that will let you play backups online

i would recommend getting the xecuter 2.3b lite installed loads of these chips very good chip will do everything you want

hope this helps

www.ultramodchips.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2004
  3. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

Now im sorry if this steps on anyones toes but ...

You can sucessfully install a NO-SOLDER modchip into an xbox upto the v1.6 model with no problems at all.I carry this install out many times a week for my customers who request it, I usually do pin header installs but if the customer want a no solder option I do it.

I would recommend you get the xenium with the no-solder option adapter if your xbox is pre 1.6 version. The best feature of this chip along with the no-solder option is that this chip has its own operating system that has a GUI allowing you to "see" what you are doing when attempting to flash the bios etc etc with this feature if you screw up the bios flash process you are NEVER left with a non-booting chip.And yes the chip can be trurned off to play "live"and NO you CANNOT play live with a "backup disc" well not using the M$ live service anyway. to play live on M$ you require to have a "retail" copy of the deisc instered into your xbox.

With regards to burning discs DVD-R would be the disc of choice as DVD+R (for many does not work, it + works for anyone then well done and your a lucky sod..).

To burn a game disc there are two main methods to do this firstly you can "obtain" a game file from "usual" places and build this file into an iso if its not already one i would say use a tool called "QWIX" to build your chosen iso.

Secondly you could if your xbox is fully modded place the game disc into your xbox dvd drive and then FTP into your xbox from PC and "transfer" the contents of your D:\ folder to your PC and then with the resultant folder make this into an iso "with qwix" then using DVD-R burn the "image" of the iso with say nero. and jobs a good un.

For a fast and 100% reliable modchip vendor i would recommend www.simplymods.net
    (my supplier as im an installer)they are uk based and ship usually next day and the guys there will go out of their way to make sure your happy

I hope this helps you if you require further assistance please do not hesitate to enquire further

Regards

4. KSI_Mike

KSI_Mike Member

i was ownder wut xbox modchips work with xbox live but u dont have 2 turn it off and stuff

5. KSI_Mike

KSI_Mike Member

wondering*

6. lumbie

lumbie Guest

there are no chips that will let you play backups on live because when you connect to live it will detect a altered bios there is no way to play backups on live what so ever you can only play original games but there are other ways to play backups online like xbox connect for system link games

hope this helps

lumbie

7. KSI_Mike

KSI_Mike Member

but i mean wut modchips work on xbox live but not use lets say i forget 2 turn the modchip off and go on xbox live with i dont want 2 get banned and i forget alot of things wut modchips let u stay on xbox live. oo and is the xecuter 3 an good modchip 2 buy?

8. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

With any Xbox modchip, if you forget to disable the chip before going online well then you're just plain f'ked. Never borrow it to anyone if you don't want this happening.