1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox mod chips

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jxc241, Dec 29, 2003.

1. jxc241

jxc241 Member

Hello, just looking into getting a mod chip for my xbox. Can anyone recommend one to me. I want the cost to stay low and I don't know if I feel comfortable soldiering the thing myself. Is it hard to soldier the things? Thanks for the help.

2. LampAss

LampAss Member

I have the xbit..You can use it with or without soldering...

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

What site did you get your XBit from.

4. jxc241

jxc241 Member

And if you don't mind, how much was it.(USD or CAD)
    I am also thinking of putting in a 80GB Western Digital Hard Drive. When I install new mod chip, will I have to do anything special for the new hard drive.

I have a 160GB hard drive too but I think that might be more work trying to take the 137GB limit off.

5. jxc241

jxc241 Member

Can anyone tell me what the advantages/disadvantages are of a solderless chip aside from easy to put in.

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I seen it off of http://www.divineo.com and I have seen it off of http://www.modchipman.com the one off divineo is 60 dollars while modchipman it is 56 dollars.The advantage of having a no solder chip is that you don't have to solder it into your system which makes it easier for you with a soldered chip it is a bitch taking it back out if a newer chip comes out or if it just goes to shit on you.The bad thing though is for V1.5 users you are still gonna have to solder 2 wires with any of the new chips out just wanted to let everyone know that.It sucks but no point crying about spilt milk right.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2003
  7. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

http://www.xbox-modchips.com/xodus.htm

$34.50 about $44 shiped, download XP.zip from evox site and get the M7 bois from just about anywhere or anyone and flash that puppy. Stick er in screw er down so she lights up green when in take over mode and yer done!

This mod will work on V1.0, 1.1 and 1.2, they added another pin to the matrix for v1.2.