1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Mod Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by kertesz, Feb 7, 2005.

1. kertesz

kertesz Guest

Ok i have been searching the net and found some what seems to be cool chip. But im not too computer smart and i was wondering if you guys out there can help me out. PLEASE talk in simple english and explane things like Flash your chip and all that stuff :S:S:S

First thing first:
    I just want a chip that i can play burned games with i also want to be able to go on xbox Live. I am planning to get my games off Bittorent and burn them onto cd(will this be hard to do?). I guess im looking for a basic chip.
    what chips would fit my description?

What other chips can i get and what will they do? would more advances chips be worth the money...( i have a 18 gig Hd kicking around is this any good?)and would i guy like me have any chance figuring out how to work them? My dad is good with computers so i would have no problem with the soildering....

JUST TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD GET SOME PRICES AND WHAT THIS STUFF WILL DO FOR ME!!!!!!!!

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

they all pretty much do the same things...some are more advanced than others...they have the ability for users to do more things...they all will allow you to play backups, and ftp, and all the stuff you are looking for....it basically boils down to if you want the added features or not.....xenium ice and xecuter3 are the best 2 on the market right now.

3. kertesz

kertesz Guest

ok so if i get the Xenium Ice Solderless Kit...and put it into my X box.... what do i do after that...? when i turn on the system what will come up?

Like can i put windows on my xbox???

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

after you get the chip installed you will have to flash the chip with a hacked bios...the type of bios depends on what version xbox you have...after this you will need to install a dashboard(evox,avalaunch,ect...) when you get the chip in the xbox will boot to the legal cromwall bios...no you can't put windows on your xbox, but you can run Linux.

if you have a version 1.6 i don't think you can get the xenium solderless...i may be wrong though

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2005
  5. kertesz

kertesz Guest

i have xbox crystal...so do you know if i can get solderless... where do i get all these programs you are talking about?!... and do you have msn messenger...like maybe we could chat about this a bit more thank alot for you help...if you dont have msn...lets please talk more about this...

6. kertesz

kertesz Guest

as i said b4 i dont understand all the terms your using... if i install Linux....that is pretty much the same as windows right.. so would i have like a desktop? and woul dmy 18 gig hard drive have any use in the mod

7. mdsup

mdsup Guest

i do have msn messenger, but i can't sign in right now i think the service might be down...can you sign in?

8. kertesz

kertesz Guest

no the server is down... hey what about msn online does that work let me try it now..thanks again man your a really good guy

9. kertesz

kertesz Guest

web messenger seems to be down too

10. kertesz

kertesz Guest

Do you live in canada?

11. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you got aim?

12. kertesz

kertesz Guest

i only have msn
    look this is my e mail address/my msn

13. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you should delete you email addy it is against forum rules

14. kertesz

kertesz Guest

how do you delete it?

15. kertesz

kertesz Guest

well did you get it... i deleted it

16. mdsup

mdsup Guest

edit your post...on the far right by the date there is a little icon, click it and you can edit your post

yeah i have it

17. kertesz

kertesz Guest

Do you have a moded xbox?... how did you mod it?...do you know what model xbox crystals are?

18. kertesz

kertesz Guest

MSN messenger is back online

19. mdsup

mdsup Guest

yeah, i added you