1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox Mod Question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by FNHot, Feb 5, 2008.

1. FNHot

FNHot Member

I read the faq, doesnt answer my question, was hoping someone out there could.

I have a modded xbox 1 ... played GTA:SA to death ... so i figure okay, i want a 360 .... read about modding it .... seems easy enough.

my question .... is it possible to put a new HD in like i did with my Xbox, and put all my "backed up" games on the new HD and play it from there, eliminating load times. Is there a chip that will allow that?

as a binder full of discs seems so primative.... and the load times ... and the potential of them getting scratched and them like 10 years from now i want to play gears of war again and cant, so i have to go get it again, and no one has it anymore, cuz everyone plays Xbox 3020+9 ... lol ... sorry, anger issues from my dreamcast days.

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

nope, it wont work.

3. FNHot

FNHot Member

crap .... do we forsee a mod chip that will allow this in the future? ... and if not, if i go buy a 360 tonight, what are my chances of getting an unmoddable benq?

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

the benq drive is modable. actually its rather easy if you follow the directions. the hardest one to mod is the hitachi v79. it has to be chipped before you can flash it. and its hit and miss on what drive you will get. if its an older one, early 07, prob samsung, earlier hitachi, anything new, it will be either benq or the 79.

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Yep, the Benq actually is very easy now. Check here if you want to track down which 360 has which drive when you're shopping.

http://www.360drives.com/list

6. FNHot

FNHot Member

wow thanks, i posted this once on another forum days ago and still havnt gotten a responce!

heres a good follow-up ... which 360 is the best then? ... i thought 360 was 360 .... i didnt know there was premium and arcade and stuff.

7. NserUame

NserUame Regular member

The Elite and Premium are virtually the same now, only difference is the color (elite is black) and HD size (Elite is 120gigs vs Premiums 20gig). The arcade is a relatively new addition, however from my understanding it's just a renamed basic 360 it has HDMI ports but no Hard Drive. Also as a side not I'm not sure if they pulled a Sony or not and removed backwards compatibility from the Arcade.

8. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

its backward compatible but you have to throw a hard drive on it.

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

You also get all the cables with the Elite. The audio dongle and the HDMI.

The back compat. is run through software, so you do need the hard drive. With it, any sku 360 will play old games.

10. FNHot

FNHot Member

So the Elite has a 120 gig HD and comes with cables and HDMI? ... and is easy to mod? .... thats what im getting from all this.

I have a burner that can do the job with the games ( Sony awq170a ) ... would someone please check that im correct on that, everywhere i've read it's a dual layer, but i just want to be sure.

Have i got my facts straight, cuz i want to have this done by the end of the week = ) thx guys, so far you've all been a huge help.

11. FNHot

FNHot Member

if you have SATA drives on you pc, couldnt you just crack your pc open, and plug your xbox drive into your pc motherboard and boot like that? no need for a sata card?