1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox Mod total nOOb / Xenium Ice

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by ChngdSoul, Jan 16, 2005.

1. ChngdSoul

ChngdSoul Member

ok, I’m sure this has been posted before so if it has, could someone please give a link to it as there are soooo many topics to brows threw.

I have a few questions about modding. First off, I have just got my Xenium Ice chip and got it installed and working great, WOOHOO, but now what?

Question one: This might be dumb, but I need to ask. I see all these different dashboards out there and skins. Can you put any dash and skin on any mod? I downloaded the Evox dash, but I don’t really know if that is for a specific chip or not, and if so, what dashboard would work with my Xenium Ice chip? And if not, that leads to my next question.

Question two: I have this new chip installed and FTP is on and working. Do I really need to do what all these tutorials tell you to do with burning a cd and booting to it? Can I not just transfer the files to the HD and set it up that way? If so, is there a link that would explain this to me, or maybe someone here could? I had all these high hopes of watching movies without the add on remote, and copying my games to the HD so I don’t have to swap disks, etc. I thought that all came when you got the chip, I had no Idea there was so much more to do :(

2. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

I'm pretty sure you can use any dashboard. I know for a fact that you can use the Evox with the xenium ice. Since you have the FTP up and working you can transfer the files though that instead of burning a disk. Check out this link, it's a guide for the xenium ice, and go to pg. 47 for installing Evox with FTp. http://www.teamxodus.com/pictures/Manuals/iceguide.pdf
    Since you've got everything else up and running you shouldn't have any problems.

3. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

Hey I just installed Evox through ftp, so it can definatly be done. And it only takes like a minute or two. Easy as hell.

4. ChngdSoul

ChngdSoul Member

AHHHH Sweet. Thanks man, got it all up and working. Got the Evolution on and running. But I have some problems.

I was under the impression that this would allow me to watch dvd's. It seems like it tries to start it, but the evolution dash comes back up. Any Ideas why this is? Also, I was looking for a way to back my already owned games to the HD. I know where I can aquire the tools, I just dont klnow what its called. Any help on this would be great. Thanks. No need to say where to get the stuff, only a name would sufice. Woohoo, thanks again for that link to the great turotial for my Xenium Ice.

5. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

More than happy to help out.
    I thought the same thing about playing DVDs, but I put one in my box and got the same results as you. I think you need the Xbox Media Center to play them.
    As for putting games on the HD, try DVD2XBOX. Squiggles told me about it, and also gave a link to a thread on how to use it. (thanks again Squiggles) http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/141037

6. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

xboxstation[dot]com has all the individual applications you need such as the DVD Region Free patch and XBMC or you could just install slayers evox auto-installer v2.6 and have everything you need installed at once.

7. ChngdSoul

ChngdSoul Member

Cool, thanks for all the help. Ill try thos apps and see what results I get.

8. ChngdSoul

ChngdSoul Member

Hey this is just a thought and Im probably way off on my therory of how this works, but if you have a mod chip installed and try to play xbox live it will not allow you to play live. I also heard that M$ will kick you off Live and not allow you an account with it again.

So, here are my questions. Its all software, why can there not be a patch that will bypass this?

Also, I heard you also cannot rip games to the HD because M$ will check to see if there are games on the HD(for xboxLive). Could there be a work around by instead of ripping to the local XBox HD, could you rip it to a network HD? Maybe that way the xbox would not know that the game is on the HD. Or maybe it just checks to see if its from the cd and anyting not from a cd it sends up a red flag. hmm

Just a thought.

9. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

All you have to do to play on Xbox live is turn off the modchip, but you have to use the original game to play.
    As for the HD, there is stuff out now (can't remember the name of it) so that you can have two HDs, and toggle between them. Toggle on the stock one for Xbox Live, or toggle to the other one to play games loaded on it.

10. Fuzzy2006

Fuzzy2006 Guest

I am also having a problem like ChngdSoul. Apart from I have a Slayers Auto Installer 2.6 CD and my xbox wont read it !!!!

So..
    I used another XBOX (that reads the Slayers disk) and installed it on it my hard drive. EvoX worked on the xbox that I installed it from. I put my hdd back into my xbox (with the Xenium ICE chip installed and turned on.) Now i dont know what else to do.
    I don't know how to load EvoX up.

I can load up the orignal MS dashboard ok but don't know how to load EvoX. I dont even know where to start!

So does anyone know how i can load EvoX up using the Xenium ICE Chip????

Thanks for looking, Fraser

11. ChngdSoul

ChngdSoul Member