1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox mod trouble please help !!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by sgs, Feb 5, 2005.

1. sgs

sgs Member

Hi i have an xbox version 1.4 or 1.5 not a 100% shure. I bought a X-bit 1.5 chip for it and a new 120 gig hard drive. the hard drive is set up to the best of my knowledge and i've formatted and fashed the xbit with the bios 4981 but i can't get it to load up the new dash board. i was told that i should try 4983 but i can't find it. So any help with my problem would be awsome thanks alot. SGS

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

does your xbox boot to the m$ dash? have you installed a new dashboard?

3. sgs

sgs Member

hi it doesn't go to any dash as soon as the new hard drive starts to spin it goes to a service msg o5 and the lights on the front flash red and green. I have excuter on the hhd.

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

the reason your box boots to error 5 is because your hd is unlocked...sounds like you have not installed a dashboard...you will need to create a evox boot disc...this will enable you to ftp...from there you will be able to install a new dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2005
  5. sgs

sgs Member

hi thanks for the info i had a friend run his boot disk and set up the hard drive with the dash but he is runnig an older version his xbit chip is a 1.0 would that matter?

6. mdsup

mdsup Guest

well if you say your hd was set up...he put the dashboard stuff on the wrong partition...when you first boot your box looks for a .xbe file, if he put evoxdash.xbe on the C partition it should boot to evox...sounds like either your hd is setup incorrectly or the dashboard stuff is on the wrong partition...did he use an autoinstaller(like slayer's or xdisk)?

7. sgs

sgs Member

hi i'm not sure i'll find out and post it tomorrow. thanks for your help .sgs

8. dirtdog

dirtdog Guest

i have a similar proble , i cant boot to the msdash i also get the red/green light flashing and i cant ftp. ihave executor 2 mod chip , want to be able to ftp etc i also get service message 5 . i cant boot at all if me chips disabled aswell need help please

9. mdsup

mdsup Guest

to dirtdog:
    have you upgraded your hd? the reason you get error code 5 when your chip is off is because you do not have the microsoft dash and stuff on your hd...that is why when you first set up your xbox you are supposed to copy both the C and E partitions from your stock hd to your new hd.

can you boot up the xbox with the chip enabled?

10. dirtdog

dirtdog Guest

yes it boots ok with chip enabled but bootd to evox , cannot boot with chip off , what do i need to do to resolve this?

11. mdsup

mdsup Guest

did you put a new hd in?

12. dirtdog

dirtdog Guest

dont know i bought it like this

13. dirtdog

dirtdog Guest

yeah , i bought it with 120gb HD alrready installed with games and evox . Need to lock HD i think to solve this problem ???

14. outlawd1

outlawd1 Member

hi.
    i need help in soft modding...i soft modded my xbox...but my friend ask me to soft mod his xbox.....he has the newer version xbox and i had the older version...can someone please help me out...pleasE???

MSN- outlawdavid1@hotmail.com

Email- outlawdavid1@netscape.net

15. D3Sir3

D3Sir3 Member

Does anyone know any good software that jus came out?