1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox-modchips.com - Are they real or did I get ripped off?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by E20, Apr 25, 2007.

1. E20

E20 Member

Well I ordered another PS2, my other one was getting slow and almost dead. So I ordered a DMS4 premodded from xbox-modchips.com. Anyway I read their faq and they said it takes 2-12 days at MAX to get your system ready and an extra day to ship it out. So far it's been 18 days and nothing, no email notification, no phone call, no update whatsoever. I took the initiative and called them. It's ALWAYS there answering machine. The number they have on there site is 18669996637. I've tried calling that number for the past week on business hours always the same thing. I email them through there posted email addresses NOTHING. I even do there support ticket system NOTHING. Has anybody dealt with them before and have they been this bad?

2. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

I am still waiting for a mod chip from them, its been like 15 days and i have had no F*****ing response from them about when it will be shipped or where it its. I have the same problem with their phones. I think it is just shitty customer service, not a scam.

3. E20

E20 Member

I read some customer reviews over the internet and it's the samething for a lot of people. It took them to the point where the customer filed a lawsuit, then the product came. There were some bogus customer reviews with incredibly high postive feedback, but it was obvious that was xbox-modchips.com people using fake names -- sad.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

If you payed with a credit card or paypal, i would have them cancel payment and get it from a more trusted site like Teammodders.com (if you rin the US that is)
    If you want to see real reveiws from customers just visit the site and go to the site feedback section. They also have an install picture section so you see the quality of their installs. That is where i have had all my modding done.

My suggestion is to get a used V7 rather than a slimline model. They work better, have stronger lasers, and you can easily install a hard drive if you have a network adapter.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  5. E20

E20 Member

I wish it were that easy, but once again there is no way of contacting these people. Even then if they acknowledge that you want a refund it has taken several people months to get there money back.

6. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

after over 15 days (and lots of complaints) i got a shipment notice

7. E20

E20 Member

What did the message say? Did they give you a tracking number, what was it like?

I think I got ahold of there real number. I placed a fake order and the payment method was phone ordering, so that means they call you for your CC number and I asked them about my previous order they said it would ship at the end of this week, I'm gonna call them tommorow again, see what happens. The number they called me with is: 9054874872

Also, I advise anybody not to go to there site for products, take a look at this: http://buggy.servebeer.com/

8. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

Email:

You have received this notification from Linux Chips because you are a registered user or you or some other registered user requested some information for you from our store.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. --------------(removed by me)

Your order has been completed successfully.

Order id: removed by me)
    Order date: 04-12-2007 17:26:45

Tracking number: D00000removed by me)4901

Products ordered:
    -----------------

SKU: DUOX2
    Product: DUOX2 Chip
    Quantity: 1
    Selected options:
    SmartJoy CABLES: No Thanks
    COLOR CONTROLLER CASES: No Thanks
    CLEAR XBOX CASES: No Thanks
    HARD DRIVE UPGRADE: No Thanks
    OPENING TOOLS: No Thanks
    Item price: USD $16.95
    GST 6%
    PST 8%

Total:
    -------
    Payment method: removed by me)- Secondary ONLINE (FirePay)
    Delivery method: CANADA POST Xpress Post
    Subtotal: USD $16.95

Shipping cost: USD $8.95
    GST 6%: USD $1.02
    PST 8%: USD $1.36

Total: USD $28.28

--
    Thank you for using

X-Cart shopping system

Linux Chips
    Phone:
    Fax: All MISSING
    URL:

9. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

I just responded to their email, telling them how crappy their service is, and I get an automated e-mail back linking me to that stupid help site. if they dont respond I am gonna be so pissed,
    the tracking number didnt work on www.canadapost.ca

10. E20

E20 Member

Try their own track your package feature on there site.

I hope this doesn't happen, but I have a feeling that your package will not appear for your shipping status for A WHILE............I hope it does though.

11. E20

E20 Member

Wow, they finally email me a response after my 20th email and their response is that we are cancelling your order because you emailed us too many times.........okay. Now I have to get lucky that they will refund me my money back. What kind of shit is this?

12. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

I just got my order, it was the right chip, but they used the wrong shipping. I am not even going to bother complining about that. The chip is the DuoX 2 for the xbox, and I am finding it really hard to install becuase it is much smaller then what i imagined from the pictures.