1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox mods & Xbox Live....compatible?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by rtsawyer, Feb 8, 2004.

1. rtsawyer

rtsawyer Member

I am considering buying a mod chip for my Xbox, just so I can back up my games and play them off the hard drive. The main reason i want this done is because I recieve disc read errors 8 times out of 10 when putting the discs in. Now I have heard that you can't have a mod chip installed and run Xbox Live at the same time. Will it work? And secondly, If it will work, is there any way of detecting it

2. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

you can have a modchip installed and use xbox live, but you will have to disable the chip and use the original game disc. if you have your chip enabled and go onto xbox live then your screwed your xbox will be banned.

3. fklentz

fklentz Member

Try xbconnect, it's not xboxlive but works the same way is free and works with mod chips enabled. You run xbconnect on the PC connected to your network and it makes the xbox think that you're playing a network game, really cool. xbconnect.com

4. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yeah i forgto all about xbconnect. it's a very good program. the only thing that suks is that you can only play system link games on it.