1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Motherboard and Hard Drive Swap

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Witiker, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Witiker

Witiker Guest

I have an xbox. The hard drive is fried and i didnt have the eeprom or the unlock key in it. The xbox is version 1. Can I get a replacement motherboard and hard drive somewhere and swap them out. Does the version of the motherboard and the hard drive have to be the same? Is there a good place to buy this combo at? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. drock1286

drock1286 Member

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Crazy talk!

Replace the one that is broken with any PC drive!

To get the eeprom you'll need either a modchip or an eeprom reader! Either will cost much less then to swap both!

4. Witiker

Witiker Guest

well if I'm not mistaken cant you get a combo of both for like 60 bucks. And I hate modchips they always screw up stuff. I have heard so many storys about modchips screwing up systems. Plus if i softmod it myself ill be able to fix it right if somthing goes wrong

5. Witiker

Witiker Guest

Sorry for the double post but is there any where where you can get a v1.0 version of the motherboard and hard drive. If i cant find one i found an eeprom reader i just need help using it. http://www.xboxrepairguide.com/eeprom-reader-writer-p-103.html
    is that a good eeprom reader.
    Thanks for the help once again guys.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2008
  6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

My tutorials show you how to make them, or you can find them on eBay most of the time!