1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One Controller fix?

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Modding & Hacking' started by deejay248, Feb 16, 2014.

1. deejay248

deejay248 Member

Have a Day One Edition controller that has stopped syncing to the console via wireless and only works when connected with cable. MS gave me a new one and told me to keep the old one but i want to mess about with it to see if i can fix it but haven't come across a proper teardown of the controller yet except rubbish Youtube videos.

Anyone able to offer any suggestions?

2. richietea

richietea Regular member

Might sound stupid but the controller runs on a 2.4 ghz IR connection.If there are different devices and ssid's on your router that are running the same it will break the signal.Looking elsewhere it seems a lot of people are having the same issues.One suggestion and remedy was he had an xbox 360 connected in another room with 2 controllers synced and turned on.Once he turned this off his xbox one controller synced.Might of just been a one off but worth removing/turning off anything that transmits @ 2.4ghz and turning them on individually to see if any of those are the culprit.

3. deejay248

deejay248 Member

Cheers but the other two controllers i have for the Xbox One sync just fine. I opened the controller last night and stripped it down but nothing jumped out at me as to what the problem might be. Weird how it works fine when the cable is attached between the controller and the console but doesn't work wirelessly.

4. richietea

richietea Regular member

The only thing it might be then is a weak IR receiver.Wonder if you get replacements that are compatible but not official that fit the controller.

5. deejay248

deejay248 Member

I was thinking it must be the IR receiver but i wouldn't know where to start. When i stripped the controller i couldn't see anything obvious.

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

you could upload some pics of it and maybe someone can tell you where to look.

7. dakii

dakii Member

would seem that the wireless hardware in the controller has stopped working.

8. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

yep actually a major issue day one xbox one's had a issue where several controllers stopped working because of bad wireless equipment in them this is why they give you a replacement