1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX or ps2????

Discussion in 'PS2' started by joshmo, Mar 29, 2004.

1. joshmo

joshmo Member

Hey I need to get a new system, do you guys prefer a modded xbox or a modded ps2, let me know why too, or if you like the flip top let me know about that I dont really know how to use it so if that is better than gettin a mod you could help me with that too, thanks for the input

2. account

account Guest

since your in the ps2 area of this forum so most likely people are going to say a ps2

the difference between the mod and flip top is you dont have to switch the discs and a mod will load every game while the fliptop wont.

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

if you are going to do the mod yourself, fliptop is the easiest off all. Backing up ps2 games is also easier than xbox games since you have to connect the xbox to your computer if you want to backup games.

4. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i have a v7 ps2 thats modded via the fliptop & swap magic disks. its really up to you, the disks and the fliptop do work, some games you might have to swap like 3 times for it. if you aint into that, i suggest you get a modchip. the one thing i can tell you is that its only like 10 minutes or less to install a fliptop, i dont think we can say the same for a modchip and with so many chips out you really dont know wich one is better than the other, but as for me, i have no complains playing my backups with the fliptop and swapmagic disks

5. joshmo

joshmo Member

6. WEStar

WEStar Active member

well, in my opinion ps2 has better games than xbox but, xbox has better graphics and can also run many more homebrew apps (since it's pretty much a PC in disguise).

7. Fox278

Fox278 Guest

Any version i just bought my PS2 version 9 and the swap magic disc work great

8. wcpir8

wcpir8 Guest

Are you interested in buying a premodded system? If you are email me at WCPIR8@aol.com.

9. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

I have both( modded xbox, PS2 with fliptop ). I prefer my Xbox, it is more complex but the return on graphics and applications are amzing. If a game comes out for both systems, Xbox is my first choice. PS2 exclusives of course I get them for it. It all depends on what games you like. I would look at current and future games and then spen your money on that system. I have my Xbox hooked up to my wireless network and have been streaming vidoe+music all over my house. Also, been palying some great, looking games.