1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox originals on jtag? original disks

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by chriswhit, Mar 3, 2012.

1. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

I want to be able to play my original legit xbox disks in the drive of my 360. I used this tutorial but it didn't work. All the things I found googling are for downloading and running from the hard drive. All the games I want to run worked before I jtaged so I know they are compatible to run on the 360. The issue I have is the screen freezes on the xbox screen during booting. Is it possible to boot a legit original xbox disk with a jtag?
    Im on dashboard 13599 and my samsung drive is flashed to the most resent firmware( did that just the other day). any help would be appreciated especially about weather what I'm looking to do is even possible.

2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

so the jtag works from external HD? IF so, why do you want to even use discs?

3. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

Well I keep finding links for backing up for xbox360 games but not for xbox 1 games. Im not sure what I'd need to get an Iso image from my disks. The other reason why is I have fable 1 on my hard drive which was on there before the jtag was done and that freezes on the logo screen to just like the original disks do.

4. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

I used this to try to boot xbox 1 games. http://www.drunksmods.com/showthread.php?8247-Hacked-Xbox-1-emulator-files-for-Jtag-Xbox-360s both on original disk and from the hard drive all my games freeze on the logo screen. I actually just used the files and copy pasted them where they go using xexmenu which in theory is doing the same thing. I'm wondering if it matters what dashboard I'm on. I'm currently on dash 13599 and have the latest firmware for my drive.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Xbox 1 games won't work on external.

Try this,for some reason i had to sign in to view the tut, it must be a new thing implemented..hmmm well anyway this should get you going the summary of whats there is as below link

http://www.elitemodscene.com/index.php/topic/1297-how-to-play-xbox1-games-on-your-jtag/

The first thing you need is a HDD attached to your JTAGed xbox360, not a USB hard drive. Download and transfer the HDD Compatibility Partition Fixer v1 to your JTAG. It can be downloaded HERE
    Use the file manager in FSD to run the default.xex, let it do it's thing and when complete reboot your console.

!!! WARNING !!!
    This application will wipe your maybe existing Partition2
    !!! WARNING !!!
    Now download the Hacked Xbox1 Emulator from HERE and transfer the entire compatibility folder over to partition 2 (HDDX) on your JTAG. You can either put the folder on a USB and use the FSD file manager to copy it over or use the built in FTP.

Use Qwix to extract your xbox1 game ISO's into folder format, it can be downloaded HERE. Once you have extracted the ISO to folder format you will have a folder with the same name of the game filled with many files. Transfer this folder over to your JTAG in a folder named Xbox1, so if the game was Black you would transfer the folder Black to Usb:\Xbox1\ or Hdd:\Xbox1. Now go in FSD and set a game path for the Xbox1 folder and make sure to check the xbox1 box.

Now when you go to the Xbox1 section in FSD you will see your Xbox1 games and can load them easily.

edit: it was copy/pasted as you can tell so
    "download here" in above tut obviously won't work,the other method of xbox game extraction is mod an original xbox then use...dam! whats that apps name dvd2...can't remember the last bit or was it dvd2xbox yeah well somth'n like that..lol..then ftp the folder out

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  6. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

Thank you very much this helps a lot. Going to try it in a bit and let you know how it goes.