1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox power porblems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by krj15489, Jan 18, 2007.

1. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

i am having power problems with an xbox that i got recently. when i turn it on sometimes it will turn off after a few seconds. alos it turns off in the middle of playing games. i have opened it up and there doesnt sem to be anything wrong with it but i think the power supply might be bad or something. if anyone has any suggestions as to what i could do that would be great
    thanx

2. hAvCkAuZr

hAvCkAuZr Member

You might have a defective power cord... call xbox about the power cord replacement and see if you xbox was furbished between the dates that they had trouble and they will send you another. That is what was wrong with mine... let me know

3. ModdaMIke

ModdaMIke Guest

try a new power supply, can find them pretty cheap, check llamma.com for some that match your version, i got one there a while back

4. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

i have the new power cord and have tried different cords and the result is the same. moddaMike if i get a new powersupply will i have to solder that or is there a different way to do that. thanx for the help

5. ModdaMIke

ModdaMIke Guest

it screws in and plugs up to the motherboard with a long plug with 12 wires going to it, its directly beneath the CPU heatsink

6. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

ok thanks

7. ModdaMIke

ModdaMIke Guest

no problem check your pms