1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox powers on off with matrix chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by arf941, Jun 2, 2003.

1. arf941

arf941 Guest

I have done many of these before but never have I had the problem where the chip causes the xbox to turn on and off three times and then the eject led blinks red green. has anyone had this problem and solved it? the xbox is version 1.0...

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

3. arf941

arf941 Guest

i have been successful with the same bios on all v1.0 before this. so i tried about 5 others that work, still no luck. is there a way to determine if there is a bad alignment?

4. arf941

arf941 Guest

i just became aware that xbox live is installed on this xbox which i dont know much about...would that in any way be a problem?

5. pong3

pong3 Guest

Having xbox live couldn't be the problem because I have a version 1.0 xbox and am having the same problems, but I don't have xbox live. I'm not sure what is wrong either, but I have a friend that is going to take a look at it and if he finds out what is wrong, I'll be happy to tell you.

6. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

I experienced this problem myself. For me it was an issue of not all the pins making good contact with the board. I just pushed down realy hard and tightened the screw. No problems since. However, while doing my research for this problem I came across other options. You may want to check xbox-scene.com. Best of luck!

7. arf941

arf941 Guest

MaxBern you are right, after countless hours of annoyance there is the solution. thanks a ton:)

8. pong3

pong3 Guest

So you guys are saying I just have to press really hard in order for the chip to work? Also, did your dvd-drive work when you were having poblems?

9. TallMagZ

TallMagZ Member

Still having same problem three blinks and my drive will not open

10. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

When I had this problem nothing worked. Just the red and green flash after the on and off three times thing. Like I said though I have read of other solutions to the same problem. xbox-scene.com has several postings for this promblem. Check them out.

11. TallMagZ

TallMagZ Member