1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox problems please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by demadas, Nov 24, 2003.

1. demadas

demadas Member

I recently had a mod chip placed on my box along with the evox program. My box boots up fine with the correct dashboard and everything seems to work. My buddy who put the chip in and modified my box is no longer around to help me complete my box. I have a 60 gig HD that I want to replace the 8 gig with. How do I do this??? I tried taking my 8 gig out of the xbox and connected it to my PC but my OS is not recognizing it. How do I transfer the 8 gig contents to the 60 gig?? Please help

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Since you have the EvolutionX dash installed on your 8gb harddrive you can FTP the files from your Xbox to PC.
    Networking Tutorial here: http://www.get-modded.com/Tute_forum.htm

Then the easiest thing to do is use an Auto Installer to set up your new harddrive. Burn the Installer to disc, swpa in your harddrive and use the installer to format, partition, and install everything you'll need. Then just FTP your original 8gb back up files from your PC back to your Xbox.

RustyDog

3. demadas

demadas Member

Please forgive my ignorance but I am really not smart when it comes to this stuff. I have the mod chip and evox is loaded on the 8 gig in the xbox and it works fine. Now, do I just connect an ethernet cable from my xbox to my computer and my computer will recognize the xbox? and if my computer recognizes the xbox

4. GetModded

GetModded Guest

You will need a Crossover Ethernet Cable. Check the Tutorial for screen shots and all the settings that you need to change.

RustyDog

5. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

or just go through a router if you have one