1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX reads "must have the DVD module to play"

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by vlcarter, Oct 17, 2004.

1. vlcarter

vlcarter Member

For some reason, my Xbox is requiring me to have a DVD module in one of the controller ports in order to play a backup.

Is this the norm?

Thanks,

V

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

Backup Movie? Original Dash? = Yes its normal.

3. vlcarter

vlcarter Member

No, I backed up a copy of Project Gotham and when I tested it I noticed the message requesting me to insert the DVD module into one of the controller ports.

Do I need to install the EVO dashboard to play backup games? I have an Aladdin chip installed.

When I test the backup on my PC, it shows the same Xbox flash movie as the original with the same message informing me that the game should be placed in the Xbox for playing.

Is the EVO dashboard required???

Any ideas?

Thanks?

4. badazz666

badazz666 Guest

you need a to buy the xbox playback kit its 20$ and comes with a controler chip port and remote controler to operate dvds on you xbox alowing anyone with xbox version 1 to play burned games without a MOD CHIP
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]XBL Gamertag: MoD ArSin, MoD Magic22, badazz666[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2004
  5. OzMick

OzMick Guest

If you have a modchip, there is a program about (find it in the normal places ;) for dongle free playback. You'll need to have EvoX installed, and run whatever it is, don't have my XBox handy to tell you the name. Called DVD Dongle Free or something.