1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox remod with a bad backup

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Vock, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Vock

Vock Member

Here's my scenario:

Did a SID 2.0 Mod Originally, backed up the eeprom nicely, screwed up the dashboard backup, so what is backed up in my E drive is the softmod version with evox M8+ as the dash, and not the microsoft dash. This is also what is on my backup CD, which works nicely, so i'm not too scared of losing everything and having to remake the HDD. I installed a bigger HDD on this thing too. From the SID 2.0 Backup, I tried to install SID 4.5, it did the first bit nicely, until it tried to make the virtual drive to boot back into the MS dashboard, because it wasn't there. But whenever I boot into my softmod, it says SID 4.0 on it, so I think that worked out well, and it is a bit more stable for games, but still no MS dashboard.

What I want to do is somehow go back to retail version and start over without all the screw ups since I have a much better idea on what I'm doing now. I've tried to use the thread posted above, and just copy the dashboard he provided overtop of everything in my C drive, but it didn't work out, I got the error screen on the xbox boot up, I'm wondering if I should just delete everything on my C drive, and then upload the MS dashboard again? Does anyone think it would make a difference? I didn't think it would so I haven't yet. Also I'm wondering about AID 3.1, is it like an install disk that you just throw into your modded XBOX and it installs whatever dashboards onto it? Anyone think that AID could help out?

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramble

2. casper007

casper007 Guest

I am a user of the Aid installer disks and swear by them, you should be able to restore the drive back to factory settings by first creating a new back up of you C drive from the Aid installer disk, then unmodding and re-soft modding your xbox, i have done this plenty of times with out problems. from there you can go where you want with your xbox, the Aid installer disks are very self explanatory.