1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox repair

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by newbefactor, Feb 20, 2012.

1. newbefactor

newbefactor Member

So ive gotta heat gun some xboxes for a friend. I really dont have the money for a rework station so its going to be a heat gun. Ive done some before using my cheap heat gun and it normally last a few months. Ive recently brought a temperature probe that i plan to stick near the cpu and gpu and im gonna try and follow the same sort of temperature profile they use on rework stations.

Now my two questions are do you think itd be okay just heat the underside of the board with the heat gun for a little while as i dont have a grill

Will i be okay to just use my normal heat gun and just hold it closer or further away depending on the temperature ? I've seen this 'rework gun' on e-bay that has variable temperatures (more then your standard heatgun)

I plan to flush underneath the chips with rubbing alcohol (only recently read about this tip) and Ive already got some no clean liquid flux

What do you think ?

Thanks in advance

2. palwill

palwill Regular member

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012