1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Softmod, still have MS Dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Silent88, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Silent88

Silent88 Member

Hello all, I have just completed, well some what completed, a softmod with MechAssault. I went through the whole process from the SID 4.0 tutorial on here. Everything went great until I rebooted my system. I keep going straight back to the MS Dashboard all the time. I first tried using the UnleashX dash, with no luck. I then tried using the EvoX dash, and again no luck. I was wondering if this is normal? Should it be doing this? The light on the Xbox is lighting up red if that's any help. I did try searching, but I am not going through 20+ pages of threads.

2. Silent88

Silent88 Member

I had forgot to mention, It keeps asking me for the time. I followed a 'guide' that said how to fix this problem, said to load the game, and play the campaign for a few minutes. Eject the game, let it load to MS Dash, then reboot. I did all of this, and nothing.

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You MUST set the time.

Then shut down the Xbox and then hold the power button (little one) in for three seconds!

4. Silent88

Silent88 Member

Yes, I had tried that. I was using SID 4.0, found an earlier version that work perfect, and I'm already up and running on the internet with the Xbox.

5. GotMac

GotMac Member

I also am running UnleashX on my xbox on the side from the normal MS. When it boot up and it asks me for the time I just press "A" because I do not care about the time. I have watch. Then when the normal MS menu comes up I do the "LEFT+RIGHT+BACK+BLACK" combo on the controller to start up UnleashX. I have also noticed that the CD drive must be closed while booting up or the combo will not work. It will also not work if you boot up the xbox with a game in it.