1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox softmod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by xboxvirgi, Mar 28, 2007.

1. xboxvirgi

xboxvirgi Member

i just bought my very first xbox i have never even used one before , someone told me i can softmod it so i can play backup games on it , can anyone help me any help would be great i know absolutely nothing at all about the xbox console , thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.teammodders.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=45&sid=56315159aed11c4dd2c0525a50fd7a61
    ther are softmodding tutorials there.
    Things you will need:
    AR Max for Xbox
    a program you can download called SID 4.5 (softmod installer deluxe)
    a program to download called AID 3.1 (auto installer deluxe for after the softmod is done)
    and an original copy of Splinter Cell, 007 Agent Under FIre or Mech Assult (not the platinum hits version) I bought splinter cell at EB Games used for $2.99

Other than that the SID and AID programs will both come with a PDF files that has pretty easy to follow instructions. The only mistakes that i made the first time were:
    1. when putting the SID and gamesave from AR Max memory card to the Xbox i was not fmiliar with how it worked. You go under memory, go to the file to copy, PRESS RIGHT on the controller (that is what i missed, without that you will not have a copy option, just delete) then choose copy
    2. when using AID 3.1 and installing all the dashboards and such DO NOT install X-DSL on your C: partition, in fact unless you intend to get on the internet and use the xbox like a PC to suft the web, do not install it at all. I would suggest either putting EvoX or UnleashX as the dash you will use on the C: partition, the rest you will put on E:
    3. When using SID 4.5 you will be given a choice of how you want it to boot, you want to go with the dual boot option where if power is pressed it will take you to your hacked dash (EvoX or UnleashX) and if you press eject it will go to the stock MS Dash.

make sure you read over all the SID instructions and get a good understanding before you start. They will make it a very easy process even for someone who has never done it before.

3. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Yea i would definately read the tut first because i didnt when i did mine and i had to restore it. but yea that link he posted should be everything you need. good luck.

4. xboxvirgi

xboxvirgi Member

thankyou you guys are so helpful on here i think its great thankyou again .

5. steimy

steimy Active member

no problem, that is why most of use show up here. To help out and pass on knowledge that some other member gave us at one time.

6. 3lement

3lement Regular member

your welcome. if you got any more questions just post em well see if we can help.good luck

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007