1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox softmodding help needed

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by garethuk7, May 13, 2007.

1. garethuk7

garethuk7 Member

im try to soft mod my friends xbox but i have a little problem! bois is 1.6 and i get a disc read error when trying to mod! any ideas on what i can do? cheers gareth

2. garethuk7

garethuk7 Member

the drive works fine just seams to be that the xbox does not like the softmod! i have been told that you cant softmod an xbox wid 1.6 bios :( but there must be a way right? i have seen with psp softmoding they said it could not be done with 2.7 firmware but sum one did it :) so if any one knows any ways to help that would be great :) cheers gareth

3. ace700

ace700 Member

Hey
    I wrote a tut on how to softmod w/ just your PC and a blank CD, you can check it out under this section. I've tested it on all versions of XBox, no problems.
    How are you trying to softmod it?
    ace700

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Regradless what xbox version you have you can still softmod your box if the stock ms dash version is 5960. The bios version only applies if you are going to hardmod your box, in other words putting a chip inside it.

Use SID 4.5 or higher, its more stable than previous versions.

Flawless Softmod Tutorial
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/311710

If you are getting the fatal disc error when playing a game or using the exploit disc fact: the disc it not scratched or not scratched to the point the xbox cannot read them, then those are indications that the drive is near the end of its life span or you have a dirty laser. After using a laser cleaner you still receive the disc read error you may need to do POT laser tweaking. Its your only option unless you want to get a new xbox dvd drive.

POT Tweaking
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/409908

5. garethuk7

garethuk7 Member

my dash is the right ver and disc and drive is fine! im using Splinter Cell and the save is on a mem stick! worked fine on my xbox but on this one i load the save light goes red like it did on my xbox but then just comes up that it cant read the disc :( any more ideas? im just going to try my drive out my box so ill post back what happens

6. garethuk7

garethuk7 Member

right just tryed but :( still is giving the disc read error when loading the softmod :( any ideas? cheers

7. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

After the exploit loads, the exploit disc is useless during the softmod procedure. What SID installer are you using? You must use SID 4.5 or higher. The game saves may have not transfered correctly onto the box. Third party memory cards such as action replay are known to have problems transfering and saving data. Use a MS memory card. Then try again, its all about trial and error.