1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Software: Download Here!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by chunkhead, Sep 4, 2007.

1. adamshrek

adamshrek Guest

go to www.youtube.com and type in how to make your own action replay

2. jheydude1

jheydude1 Member

3. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Active member

if you rip it into a iso it should be good

4. al1en2

al1en2 Member

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Not quite, 4.40 is out now :)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/5/557450#4127036

..however 4.30 is more than good enough, it's on all my machines. I have 4.40 but as all my machines work fine i'm in no rush to upgrade any just yet.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  6. al1en2

al1en2 Member

7. cearel

cearel Guest

WOW this is still up lol yea you have to down load all the parts and they extract to the files you need you will need winrar to extract them

8. mos_j1

mos_j1 Member

the link for the clean dash files isn't working for me. would anyone be kind enough to lead me in the direction of finding them, please? thank you

9. creaky

Just checked and i saw this -

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  10. ds_dude

ds_dude Member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  11. creaky

12. thor68372

thor68372 Member

Hey Chunkhead,nice tutorials man!I didn't find tuts for copying old hard drive with games already on it - over to a new hard drive.just wonderin' if you could show me a link to the tut if you already have one made?Also,I read "Creakys"post and I to am goin' to a 500GB Seagate HDD,What did he mean you have to format it with 32K clusters?I didn't know about the data loss with the bigger drives.Is this what the AID program is used for,to formatt the HDD?I appreciate all the work your doin' brother.Some of us ain't too bright!LOL P.S. Been at this thing for about 18 hours now,I learned how to FTP & have all the programs i think!Just can't figure out how to clone old drive to new one!?

13. thor68372

thor68372 Member

Hey Creaky ,I put up a post for chunkhead,but since you have already tried this i'll ask you also.You said that there is data loss over 250GB HDDs,I also am installing a 500GB Seagate HDD in my V.1.1 X Box.How do you formatt with 32K clusters?And what program do you use to do that?Also am tryin' to clone old HDD with games already on it over to 500GB HDD,any info on that? I appreciate eveything you guys are doin',if it wasn't for you guys we would still be in the stone age!LOL!Have a wonderful Day!

14. creaky

Any drive over 250GB needs formatting with 32k clusters or data goes missing or corrupt when the drive is almost full (for me this happens when i try adding data when there's approx only 80GB free)

Have a look here ~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/630488 - i've read that xbpartitioner can be used but it seems that the formatting can be done within UnleashX too.

The only 500GB drive i have in an xbox (all my other xboxes use stock or 250GB drives) is in my main xbox and i haven't got around to sorting it out yet. I just make sure there's always at least 80GB free and it doesn't lose or corrupt any data.

I can't help you on cloning data, i always lose interest at that point, i just start over and re-softmod if necessary :)
    On this main xbox, when i ever get around to it (more like if, or never), in my case most of the job is easy. This is because i keep a copy of ALL xbox games on a 500GB drive in a USB2.0 enclosure. I can't stand fighting thru the wardrobe for game DVD's so i just FTP whatever game is needed from the enclosure to whatever xbox as and when they're needed.
    In fact i rarely add anything to the main xbox as there's so many games on there already, all i really do is update XBMC once in a blue moon (only when Auto Installer Deluxe is updated).

Skins for UnleashX and XBMC itself is about all i install to my xboxes and those are easily FTP'd over from a PC save area. As to game saves, i've only ever copied a few game saves around. Apart from the obvious way ie copying a few to a memory card, I did it the hard way, ie browsing thru the endless save area folders and FTP'ing to a pc. That put me off doing it again however i'm sure there are much easier ways.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  15. thor68372

thor68372 Member

Hey thanx a lot Creaky,I'll Give it a shot and see what happens.I appreciate your time and expertise.Shout at ya later!

16. thor68372

thor68372 Member

Would anybody out there have any old war stories about cloning from one X Box HDD with Games already on it,to a new HDD?As in what program you used,more or less a step-by-step.I haven't seen one yet?Just wondering if there is such an animal? Later!

17. creaky

I've just stumbled on this one again ~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/203286/4536554 - i may have to try this method out myself

18. ds_dude

ds_dude Member

are there any one got the lastest version of aid or slayer and a manuial install as my xbox wont install the auto install version if so just put the link up for me to use please thank you

19. creaky

"It's behind you", well in the first post in this very thread ~ AID is here ~ http://www.aidtracker.com

20. ds_dude

ds_dude Member

is that one the auto install or is it the one where you manuly put the file onto the hdd via ftp ?