1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox SS Merger keeps crashing!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by yoclick, Jan 25, 2007.

1. yoclick

yoclick Member

Hi all,

I've got an image of Saints Row [Pal] on my computer as a .000 file with the .dvd file also there. Using Xbox Backup Creator i checked the image and no stealth measures on it (ss,dmi,pfi) apparently. So i've gone online and got all 3 files. I used Xbox Backup Creator to merge all the files into the main .000 but i then find out that Xbox 360 Merger checks online that the SS MD5 is correct hence why i download the 1.7b version of it. So I select the iso in Merger and its all well and good, and tells me its a WxRipper style length. Then tells me what the current MD5 is, and says would i like it to calculate the MD5 and verify online. I say OK but then it crashes! Hourglass comes on and im sitting bored.

Any help?
    Thanks

2. yoclick

yoclick Member

Wait it changed after 30mins!
    Pop-up appeared and came up with that it failed to login :-s.
    Any info??

3. modster

modster Regular member

Don't calculate the MD5.

4. yoclick

yoclick Member

Done and done :). Did a search and found that the database is down??
    Anyways i retested the .000 in backup creator and its still missing the "video partition" but the other two stealth parts are valid and fine. Is the video partiton important, as in would microsoft be able to realise it doesnt have this partition and hence know im using a backup? If so il put it through Merger again but if not, its going on the disc!

5. modster

modster Regular member

video part is just to show you have to insert the darn game. I just padded mine with blanks.

cheers

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  6. yoclick

yoclick Member

Cheers for all the info :)
    How long should it take to merge? Its in the state of not responding as we speak and looks likes its crashed, but then again it did the same when i selected to check the MD5 but that ended up 'working'!

7. yoclick

yoclick Member

pmsl, as soon as i send that message, a popup appears saying its ready to burn lol. Anyways thanks again for your help!

8. modster

modster Regular member

it usually takes average about 35 - 40 minutes to merge.

happy gaming!

cheers

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  9. yoclick

yoclick Member

Im confused yet again! So i get the new .000 after merging the SS + DMI + PFI files and selecting pad with blanks with Merger. So just to verify (as i always do!), i put the file into Xbox Backup Creator. However it now comes up with a blank popup with just an ok button, and the message box on the software says:

"Checking Stealth Compatibility
    Application Error in: IsStealth
    9 Subscript out of range"

Any ideas?

10. yoclick

yoclick Member

BTW To add, i've already burnt the .iso onto a disc (before modifying it in anyway) and it works perfect on the console. But im only doing this as i would like to have as much protection as possible when going online.

11. m_patel86

m_patel86 Member

HEY GUYZ, can som1 help me ere?
    i hav just hotswapped gears of war using wxripper, dats perfect - nothin wrong. but when i try mergin the iso file with the ss usin ss merger, it just carries on loading for sooo long, when i click control, alt, delete, it says the program is not responding. i hav also downloaded xbox backup creator bt when i merge the file ther then it all loads up bt i still dont get no .dvd file to burn.
    PLZ som1 tell me where i am goin wrong!