1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox startup issues

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Auslander, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Okay, my friend got sick of his xbox, and gave it to me. he couldn't find anyone to fix it, and i thought "free xbox? what the hell". So I get it home, and it works the first time. after that, when i turn it on, the green light comes on, but the menu never comes up. i'll hit the disc drive button to open it, and it just makes a clicking sound once or so, and the light starts flashing green. this is an un-modded xbox. i think i may have to replace the drive, but i'm not sure. any ideas? could it just be a lose wire or something? all help is appreciated.

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Sounds like a heat problem. Is the fan working ok?
    Does it just flash green or green and another colour?

3. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

I will give you ten bucks for it...lol.

first check the sticker to see if its been tampered with, if not, then call Xbox support, and they will more then likely offer to fix it for free, u just pay shipping. see what happened is that when microsoft first made there systems, they used a booty ass drive, that could be ur problem. anyways, im sure if you call they will fix it. ive had 2 ps2's fixed like that (with sony of course) and i hear microsoft is right on par with them in the "fix our broken crap" catagory. never know, might get a dang near new xbox outta it lol. and if they dont fix it, my 10 dollar offer still stands...no im jokin...or amI...yes, im joking...but wait..no, im definetly joking...or Am I really..yes.

but anyways, call xbox support, and ull get a new one lickety split.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

actually, no they won't. my friend had called them, and for some reason the serial number is scratched on the box. they told him it was stolen, even though he had got it at wal-mart, and that they won't fix it. so, i'm kinda on my own with the repair thing. the light had flashed orange once before, but only green lately.

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

no new ideas? the situation hasn't changed, but i can open and close the tray several times on the first start up, and if i turn it on and off REALLY quick it will still work. if i give it more than a second, though, it stops working.