1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox System Update Stopped

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by FP125, Oct 12, 2015.

1. FP125

FP125 Member

Hope you guys can help and believe me when I say I have tried searching the net already.

Cut a long story short - started playing my old Xbox again, put in a copy of Fifa - asked for the update and I selected yes and then I get this standard message. I cannot do anything else - stuck on here as soon as I boot up again.

I have tried taking the power cable out and pushing the tray half way in - no joy. I tried downloading 2 updates (17489 & 12611) moved the $systemupdate folder out and onto a flash drive - no change. Burnt the update to a CDROM - inserted it - no change.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong and missing something really obvious - or if it is screwed?

The Xbox is old so will not have had an update for a loooong time (if ever) I am not interested in playing online, just wanted to play some games to kill some time

I did find a similar thread on this subject on this forum (copied below) but I could not get it to work

http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/solved-system-update-stopped.734241/

ANy help would be most appreciated

2. richietea

richietea Regular member

What LT firmware are you on?
    Was your drive spoofed?
    Was the usb formatted to Fat32?
    What including any string of numbers you have on screen are you getting on the error exactly?

3. FP125

FP125 Member

Hi - I purchased it sooo long ago I dont know!

So unsure about the drive or firmware (unless there is a way to check?)

Back of the machine states:

MFR Date - 2007-07-13
    Serial No - 2254717 72805

I defo formatted to Fat32 however - that much I do know!

The numbers:

3151-3CD6-B800-0F00-C000-0013

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

5. richietea

richietea Regular member

6. FP125

FP125 Member

Cheers scorpNZ and richietea

Before I tried posting at realmodscene I tried the 15574 update above

I formatted my sdcard as FAT32 and I dropped the $systemupdate folder into here (not the contents)

Inserted it into the 360 when it was switched off - powered on and dashboard is back up! Whoo hoo

So many thanks

However.....

Before I fook it up again....

1) Do I accept the update (security and program updates are required) I declined and it returned to the dashboard

2) Although the dashboard loaded when I declined, it would not load any games. I tried putting in some old copy games (which used to work) but it came up with a message asking 'To play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 console'

3) I put my original Fifa 13 in and it asks for an update to run this game - again not sure to accept or not

Cheers

7. richietea

richietea Regular member

It looks like Your firmware for the dvd drive was re-flashed after the 13599 update.This means you must of been on a very old dash and old firmware.You will need to update to get originals to work,however you will now need to flash the console back to the latest firmware and reburn any backup discs as the old ones will not work.

8. FP125

FP125 Member

Thanks for the reply, I'm sure I won't have a trouble burning new copies (bit of a pain though) So I will update through Xbox messages - easy to re-flash? Never done this as it was flashed already when I purchased it?

Really appreciate all your help by the way

9. richietea

richietea Regular member

If you have a local flashing service its better to do it that way,otherwise you would have to spend money on the tools to open the console,a sata card or x360 usb v2 and if you have a lite-on drive a probe as well.Not very cost effective for a few backups.Your welcome btw that's what a forum is about helping others.

10. FP125

FP125 Member

Cheers buddy