1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX to PC FTP speed

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by djboogie, Dec 23, 2003.

1. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Hi guys:)
    Just out of curiousity, what is the average speed you get when connecting the xbox to a pc via a crossover cable.
    i dont know if mine is unusual at all, its seems extremly fast at around 6500 kb/s
    uploaded a file to my pc that was 661 mb, it took 1 min 54 seconds. A lot of people I have seen mentioning
    upload speed get around 1500 kb/s. Is it making a difference that my network connection is actually on my motherboard?
    Just wondered

2. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

I doubt you have some “super” ethernet connection on your mother board as you would think. More than likely you have a Tbase10/100 interface and are using Cat6 cable and or have a return loss of less than –35dB @ 250MHz. Most people make their direct patch cables and the attenuation, cross talk and return loss not to mention the longitudinal conversion loss is too high, also they may be using Tbase10 cards, hubs, routers or cat3 cable. There is something to be said for good cables and good equipment but at 3 meters it does not make much difference. If anyone is interested I can measure the return loss, attenuation, near end cross talk, far end cross talk and longitudinal conversion loss of any cat3, cat5e or cat6 cable, patch cord, keystone or channel and/or link system……For a price :D