1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox to pc help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by halo212, Sep 1, 2004.

1. halo212

halo212 Guest

please can someone help me,i have followed the how to guides on how to connect xbox to pc but to no avail.
    im using flash fxp and when i click on connect after typing in all neccessary info,it wont connect!im using a cross over cable.
    i know this is a bit vague but im trying!!!
    please can anyone help me out??
    either pm me or show mea thread to follow,as ive been searching for a couple of hours already!!
    much appreciated :)

2. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

For ages i had the same problom.But then i got leapFTP which works like a charm every time.Plus it transfers files at 2,300+KB/s.Try it out.

3. jeb1973

jeb1973 Member

connection problems, xbox to pc using flashfxp.

try this it works for me using evox/unleashx

1. start pc with xbox off and change network settings, double click internet protocol (tcp/ip), click use the following ip address, use 192.168.0.1 , subnet mask use 255.255.255.0 click ok. restart your pc.

2. boot up xbox , note if ip address is displayed on dashboard, if not check settings and cables. take a note of ip address.

3. start flash fxp, select sites, site manager, new site, enter xbox for site name, click ok, ip address of xbox (displayed on dashboard), user name xbox password xbox (all lower case), click connect it should work.

4. still no connection check dashboard ftp settings.
    static ip should be set to yes. default gateway should be the same as the ip you set your pc to at the start.
    restart the xbox if any changes are made and try again.

5. i had a problem with flashxp reporting a winsock error in the bottom right hand window, this also caused a connection problem. re install if this occurs.

hope this helps. stick with it you should get it working. i managed it with no help!!!

4. akoli

akoli Member

I had the same problem but all that was wrong was the default settings for Evolution X - The staitc Ip was setup as no by default , amended the evox configuration file and wham , I was connected ok !!!