1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX woes.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by gahteeay, Sep 23, 2003.

1. gahteeay

gahteeay Member

Alright, so my XBox quit working altogether for a while... but as soon as that problem cleared itself up, a new one developed. No matter what I put in the drive (game, DVD, CD) it always says that my disk is damaged or dirty. New disks included. It used to do this occasionally, but was corrected by removing the disk and reinserting it... now nothing works. I bought a lens cleaner, but you have to change it to track 2 in order to clean the lens... unfortunately my lens cleaner is apparently damaged as well, though, so I can't even get to the point where I can change tracks. What do I do? Any solutions out there?

2. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

Do you have a modded xbox? Meaning you have altered it to perform special functions in one form or another? If NOT call microsoft. You may still be under warranty or they will give you some kiind of tech support.

3. gahteeay

gahteeay Member

It's past warranty (got it the Christmas it came out) and I have made no modifications to it at all. Tried calling Microsoft, but they were completely unhelpful. It will cost $100 to fix it, plus shipping, so it looks like a better deal to buy another one for $180 and get 2 games and a controller.

4. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest