1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX WONT BOOT RIGHT

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ZhenYevan, Mar 19, 2007.

1. ZhenYevan

ZhenYevan Regular member

i have that aid 3.0 installer and i used it to put xbmc on my xbox and then i loaded it up and ftp into it and then uploaded a new version of xbmc and now when i start my xbox up it goes to the xbox media center page but nothing happens, no cd's will boot nothing, someone please help me...i need help asap, i can't even ftp into the box..please help me asap

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

So you are saying that you replaced your dashboard with an untested one that doesn't boot..

This is exactly why I insist that XBMC is not suitable for a main boot dash.

You can try booting from the disk you did the softmod from (splinter cell mechassault or whatever) and doing it all again, or hotswap.

The choice is yours, and a lesson learned.. Always use evox or unleash as the main boot dash...

3. ZhenYevan

ZhenYevan Regular member

well it wont boot any discs..it like freezes

4. ZhenYevan

ZhenYevan Regular member

wait it worked, it loaded, never mind, ill just re softmod it

5. ZhenYevan

ZhenYevan Regular member

ooh crap, i dont have the xbox save on my xbox anymore, what do i do

6. ZhenYevan

ZhenYevan Regular member

it wont boot to ms dash, it keeps trying to go to the xbmc one

7. ZhenYevan

ZhenYevan Regular member

how will i hotswap if i can't boot anything, and i dont have my ms dash either, it got deleted when i formatted my hdd, so does this mean i have a useless xbox...isn't there a cd that i can use that will make the xbox boot to whatever is on the cd, like if i put a dashboard on it and then make it launch to that then ftp into it and delte the old xbmc????

8. janrocks

janrocks Guest

You should be able to recover a working ms dash with a recent live enabled game.(I always use halo2, but anything for online ..xbox live.. will do). unplug any internet connection and boot.. then go to the live settings part of the game menu and it should restore the ms dash..
    No panic, I've done this loads of times..
    Then just use that to restore your save to the drive... ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2007
  9. ZhenYevan

ZhenYevan Regular member

can you gimme a walk through on what i need to do, so i put in halo 2 and boot up and then what. how do i get the ms dash thing, and how do i do the hotswap thing..im a noob please help

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  10. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Just put halo 2 in and reboot.. then from the menu select the live bit.. it will detect the lack of a dash and update it for you.

After it completes you will have a working ms dash so you can either do the whole softmod again, or have a look at this guide.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/332766

11. ZhenYevan

ZhenYevan Regular member

i dont have the halo 2 disk cuz mine is on my hd, but i put in battlefield 2 and clicked xbox live then i said create new account and then it brought me to ms dash and was updating then it said to check the disk and see if it was dirty and the xbox shut down. it doesn't go any farther.... any suggestions, i just tried it with fifa 07 and it didn't work either it just says Xbox Live update failed. Please check if the disc is dirty or damaged. and i know nothing is wrong with the discs

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007