1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox won't read any games but will read CD

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by badboneX, Feb 25, 2007.

1. badboneX

badboneX Guest

My Xbox won't read any games but will read CD's. I haven't done any modification on it. I read a discussion about it and hoping I'll get some answers on what to do

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

did you open it if so then thats good and bad
    good if its making funny noises
    bad it voided you warinty
    if its makeing a noise then just put some adhesive one the rubber turner like double sided tape no glue NO GLUE

3. Allegro1

Allegro1 Regular member

Warrantee? What warrantee?
    M$ will charge you more to fix it than buying a new one.

It sounds as if your DVD drive is bad. If you want to learn how to replace your DVD drive, do a web search. It is as easy as replacing a PC drive, but you'll need a couple of Torx screwdriver bits T10 and T20 (available at your nearest hardware store).

Check out:
    http://llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/crack_open_that_xbox.htm

You can check around the site to see how to attempt to repair your DVD drive and either buy a replacement from him or shop around the net for your best deal. You might as well try to fix it because if you do, you'll have saved yourself some money and if you don't, you need a new DVD drive anyway.

4. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

yeah mine is doing the same thing.It can read cd's,dvd movies but not xbox games.It keeps giving me the "xbox does not recognize the disc " error. My games are in perfect shape and dust free. What gives?

Is there any way to fix this?