1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX WON'T READ CERTAIN GAMES

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by loufromfw, Sep 2, 2004.

1. loufromfw

loufromfw Member

I don't know much tech stuff on the XBOX but I would like to know what to do with this problem,whether I should purchase another XBOX or if this can be repaired.My son's XBOX is not reading most games,only certain ones are read.IS this normal for the XBOX? I know they have had problems,is this one of them?---What should I do?---HELP!

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

Did the xbox use to read these same games? Is it giving a dirty disk error? Is the xbox modified? (this may help in the decision of a new xbox or new drive)

Worst case scenario you will need to purchase a new drive. Try cleaning the dust away from the fan (At the back of the xbox - where the fins are) with a can of compressed air. This MAY be a cheap way of fixing the problem.

If you need to buy a new drive, check out ebay. Make sure you replace it with a high quality drive such as a Samsung or Phillips. The samsung is the preferred option. From what i have seen they go for around $60 -$80 USD.

3. loufromfw

loufromfw Member

Thanx for the quick response!--The XBOX is not modified,it sometimes gives that error message but mostly it gives blank screen or nothing.It did read them before with no problem.
    I'll try the compressed air fix tomorrow and see what happens.----THANX AGAIN!--Let you know tomorrow what happens.