1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox wont read discs

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by tswiss, May 20, 2007.

1. tswiss

tswiss Guest

I am new to xbox, I got my xbox from my sister inlaw she gave it to me cause it was broke, i figured why not, it is free maybe i can fix it well 2 months now and dont know what to do. This is the problem it will turn on and i get the menu screen, no matter what it has music on it and will play music but when i put in a game or dvd it wont play, or even boot from the disc no error message or anything just goes right to the menu again. Now on to what i want this system for my cousin has an xbox that he put 4 harddrives in and was able to use it for a media center or to backup his movies cause his kids were scratching his discs, can anyone help on what to do i want to be able to soft mod it but cant cause the disc drive wont work, Help please.

2. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

You will more than likely have to mod chip it. Not sure if you can simply replace the dvd drive or not without one.

3. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

no need for a mod chip, xbox disk drives are completyl swapable. just get a nother drive and put it in there!

4. tswiss

tswiss Guest

i guess i will try to swap the drive first thanks guys any other info will be greatly appreciated.

5. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Listen when you put in a disc, If the laser scans any disc you put in there is still maybe a way to fix your drive if you cant get a hold of another xbox dvd drive. You'll need to do POT laser tweaking this method works Phillips 6035\21 and the 6011\21 and many Thomson drives. It doesn't hurt to try as your last resort.

POT Tweaking
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/409908