1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox won't read Evolution X Boot Disc!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by OE40Data, Jun 8, 2004.

1. raven31

raven31 Member

i have thomson drive and only media that worked for dash was datawrite red v3 it worked first time both craxtion and xiso worked just disc i had probs with

2. yahnseed

yahnseed Member

I'm having the exact problem as well. Tried it 30 times with memorex cdrw, have also tried a number of times with Ridata dvd-r, and also verbatim dvd-r.
    Initially I made my own iso (changing ...xbe to default.xbe) but that wasn't working, so I started using slayers iso.
    I have yet to get it to work, but I do have a maxell dvd-rw I have yet to try.

Dave

xbox version 2 or 3
    xecuter 2.3b lite
    x2_4983.67_1mb.bin
    Samsung dvd-rom

Last update: Problem solved, I was simply burning the iso instead of selecting "burn image" from the drop down menu.
    Works like a charm :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2004
  3. util8

util8 Member

what version of nero are you using, because there is no drop down menu for me. I am just burning the image to by opening it from the bottom right corner and buring it. I have searched every drop down menu, and none of them say burn image

4. util8

util8 Member

how should i go about making a dummy file, and how big should i make it

5. ck1622

ck1622 Guest

i am having the same problem do disk will load in the xbox. i have tried burning it every way on every media. should i take out the modchip and load it with out the chip. MY chip has the xenium os on it should it be changed. HOw do i change the bios??

6. decoy7

decoy7 Member

OE40Data,

that same 06 error has turned up on one of my xbox's, did you simply take it apart and reassemble to get rid of the error or was there anyting else you did?

as for not reading your disk, ive burned Evox disks and bios disks before with no problem, i never use a dummy file and they all read fine...when configuring a friends machine it never read a disk that i knew worked, i took out his DVD drive which was a Thompson, unscrewed the cover to gain access to the lazer and wiped it with a clean cloth (the visible part, i know your not supposed to do this), put it back in and it worked fine 1st time.

my friend smokes and his xbox was smoked out and needed cleaning...simple answer sometimes, made easier by having access to more than 1 xbox to verify the disk worked...i use CD-RW's btw.

7. raven31

raven31 Member

there is a program called dummy file, it is very good very easy, file needs to be about 400mb, call it abc.bin and place in new folder renamed abc.dat this should help make the disk easier to read

8. modme

modme Member

I'd say yr chip is a dud. Mine wasn't flashed properly when i received mine.