1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox wont read the backed up game I just made

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by rzep, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

The protection is not in the files, it's in the disc itself. The files cannot tell if you're using a modded xbox or not. The bios is what counts, and it determines what can be played. A standard MS bios only plays factory Xbox games, and a hacked bios playes Factory games+burnt disc images. Either way, it's not the files.

Try FTPing the files all over again and putting them on your HDD.

2. AcidC0RE

AcidC0RE Member

I've burned it 3 different times to disc and ftped it 3 times as well, Every time it's always at the same spot that it locks up.

3. AcidC0RE

AcidC0RE Member

It's weird though. Both MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf and Call of Duty: Finest Hour freeze up at the same exact spot; at the PRESS START screen after pressing START. My very latest backup was Ninja Gaiden and it is flawless. I have even tried patching the games from Craxtion and they still don't work. I honestly think that there is a new copy protection out that disables the games at that point when running a backed up game. I can't be a coincidence that two completely different games freeze at the same exact place. I guess some games just can't be backed up.

4. NHOJ

NHOJ Member

I backedup those same games to my XBOX and had no probs.Are you getting those games from a disk or ar you getting them off line?

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

What are you using to make the .iso? Maybe your .iso program is bad. Also, try using a different burning program.

6. AcidC0RE

AcidC0RE Member

I got those offline. I have a couple of retail bought games that do the same thing though.

7. Dwelyn

Dwelyn Member

I know this will sound stupid but for COD you need to clear the cache folders in X:Y:Z:and E:. I read this in an other forum and after trying, it worked for me. Before that I was getting stuck at start screen.

8. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Acidcore, update us on whether or not the samsung modded drive makes a difference...because i aswell am experiencing rough times with my back-ups as none of them work and i also have a thomson dvd drive.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  9. Calcutter

Calcutter Guest

Hey lads, im pretty new here, i have been experiencing much dificultie lately with my xbox, i have a few games i previously borrowed off a friend, which were backups, i got Brothers in arms, and Rugby 2005 now i am experiencing in game difficulties ie. game not laoding properly, sound glitches, game pausing in gameplay, any ideas what it could be? my xbox DVD driver perhaps?

10. AcidC0RE

AcidC0RE Member

I'll be damn! Dwelyn, you were right on cue. I deleted the cashe files and my games work now. All of them. The retail ones as well as the ones that I backed up. Thanks a million! I think my fan in back went out though so now I need to replace with a new one. No problem; I'll just skip on over to Fry's and pick one up.

As for the Samsung drive I never really got that far as in having problems with the Thomson drive. I just decided that I wasn't going to be bothered with another dilemma so I upgraded right away, right after I bought my pre-modded system.