1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox1 and xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by doddyr67, Mar 29, 2007.

1. doddyr67

doddyr67 Member

Hi, I've looked over the forums and I can't seem to find an answer for what I want to find.

I have halo 2 for xbox1 and I want to play it on a flashed 360. I dont have the original anymore and I'm not sure how I can get it to play.

I've read that I will need to make it into a 360 image file to burn with clone cd.

What software can i use to read the image from a backup or can't I use the backup??

Please help, I really miss this game and I don't really have room to set both consoles up

Sorry if this has already been posted...

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

use the samsung dvd drive (SH-163A or SH-162C) and rip a copy and burn it to a dual layer dvd and enjoy

3. doddyr67

doddyr67 Member

Do you mean buy a new dvd rom drive for my PC? So i can use the backups??

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yes, you have to buy that dvd drive unless you have one already....and then you can put a xbox or xbox 360 game in your dvd drive and it will read it just like a normal cd, and you can dump the image of the game to your computer hard drive.

5. doddyr67

doddyr67 Member

are they expensive??

is there no way i can download an image from the web and do something with that. I have tried to download an image and burn it and it won't play, says that its not compatible.

I can download the images far easier and quicker, would I be able to use these rather than buy a drive?

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

well seeing as you said you dont own an original of it, i guess thats kinda piracy, and that causes AIDs, but in theory yes you could download it and in theory it would work, but thats just theory and i dont know if that works or not.

7. doddyr67

doddyr67 Member

Thanks for your help. What software could I use to patch or make the image workable on a 360 then??

8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

9. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i was told that if you want to create an xbox disc from an already backed up xbox 1 game then you are going to have to have an image that the xbe's are not patched.

10. doddyr67

doddyr67 Member

I don't know what the software is called else I would happily search for it.

What software can I use, to patch an Xbox 1 image backup to play on a flashed 360. I don't mind looking around, but I don't have a clue where to start which is why I came here

BTW - I understand your views on piracy, but a pirate I am not. I don't have the original anymore, but I do own many originals and I did pay good money for the Halo 2 original.

Thanks for any help in advance

11. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Yep... you can use Xbefix to try and repair the default.xbe if it has been modified.