1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX1 BACKUP DVD+R POSSIBLE

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Viper3, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  2. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

If you are still looking on how to do this, here are two methods on burning Xbox 1 games to play on the 360.

Method 1

Method 2

4. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

The method that I had found did not involve "hotswapping" or "connecting xbox to pc". I'm looking for a way to do this backup by just using sh-d162c and any other applications. This is the way described in what I had found.

5. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

6. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

That method is for burning to dl's, though. Viper wanted to know about burning to +r's.

Right now all you can do is either rip from and original xbox or download a backup of your original and run it through xbefix.

The backup must be the same region as your 360. And, of course, you need a sam drive with xtreme 5.0 or up.

7. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

You're right about looking for a way to do it with just +R's. So how would I do it if I have the disc so that I don't need to download it and want to make a backup? I just dont understand how they did it in the first link I provided.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  8. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Took a bit to reply but I can verify that that process in your link does work. I wanted to make a working backup first and I did. I used my original Splinter Cell.

I used:
    - samsung sh-d162c w/ kreon .81
    - xbc 2.3
    - wx360
    - craxtion 4
    - imgburn

Steps:

- put original game in sam and opened xbc 2.3
    - "Options" tab, set "drive specific" to "xbox one"
    - "Drive tools" tab, selected "unlock drive"
    - "Read Tab", selected "image style > complete backup" then checked box "use sector mapper"
    - select "start"

Dual layer-ready iso is created in less than 20 minutes. Now to extract the files fit it to a single layer.

- open wx360
    - click "open file" icon in upper left
    - browse to where you saved the dl ready iso, select it, then click "open"
    - all files are now shown, click "File" in upper left then "extract all files" and select save location.

It took only a few minutes to extract the files. Now that you have the files you want to recreate a single layer iso out of them. I used Craxtion to do that. There are other xiso programs which work like Craxtion, but I can't comment on them.

What ever program you use, you want to make sure that it DOESN'T patch the default.xbe. I believe Quix does patch it. You can check by using xbefix. I know Craxtion works because I've already used it for a few games.

In Craxtion 4 the "Autopatch ISOs/Folders where applicable" box must be UNCHECKED. It is checked by default.

But that's it. Once I made an iso with Craxtion 4 I used imgburn and burnt it to a Sony 16x dvd+r at 8x and it plays perfect.

On a side note, you can use wx360 to view 360 games and see if they'll fit onto a single layer. I believe FEAR is only around 3 gigs.

9. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

What does the drive specific do? I know I can still make an .iso file and in the log it will recognize it as xbox1.

10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Under "drive specific" in xbc, if you have a 360 game you'll select "xbox 360"... if it's an xbox 1 game, you'll select "xbox one"

11. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

Right, but what is the point of it? I accidentally ripped the game without changing it and it seems to work fine regardless of that setting. It was on the xbox360 when I ripped the xbox1 game.

12. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Oh, I see what you're saying. I can't give you too many technical details.

13. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

I am getting problems using this method. I don't have that many xbox1 games, but the ones I do are being difficult. FABLE is loading up, but when it's supposed to go to the part where you can select "new game" "load game" and all that other jazz, it will instead just load backup up to the first screen when you put the disc in, which is some guy with a sword. Can you try using this method on that game if you have it or have access to it? HALO, on the other hand, is working fine.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  14. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

15. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Ya, but the ppl in that link are doing it for the xbox 1. It doesn't work the same for the 360. Here's the release news when 5.0 was first released.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEyyuuupZEuEnZaHEH.php

Notice where is says

16. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Also, I have burnt a few xbox 1 games where the default.xbe was patched. What happens when it's played in the 360 is the white xbox screen will come on but then a side bar will come out with an error message.

So I'm not sure what that problem is with Fable. I know there was a post over on xbox scene's forums where people were listing games which were working on single layers and ones which weren't, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe Fable is one which won't.

17. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

hmm..i didn't know about that list. Can anyone here find it? Why would some games work and others not?

18. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

I'm on my 6th coaster and I'm giving up unless somebody else knows of a way to get it to work. I've tried variations and it just wont get to the screen where it lets you start a new game. Only the videos that precede it.

19. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

20. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

Does that program XDVDMulletter even exist? And what does it mean by the layout file?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007