1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox1 backup on xbox360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Viper3, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

Hey guys,

I used to have fatal frame and it got lost in a move. I'm sure it's here somewhere but I can't find it dammnit. Anyway, I wanted to play it so I downloaded this .iso file and burned it but my xbox360 is giving me errors. It will say "Play Game" in dashboard but then will say "This original Xbox game has ecnountered a problem and can't continue. For more info..." Then it gives the code as
    X:5014.0
    B:1884.0

The file I downloaded was for fatal frame 2 and it consisted of many .rar files which I extracted to yield a 2.05GB .iso file. I burned this file using Clone CD and then the above error will occur. I have xtreme5.2a firmware. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

Well first off did you burn the game to a DVD-R or a DVD-R DL. If not you need to because the only backups that will run on xbox 360(few new firmwares allow for DVD-R) but in most cases you need 8.5 gb dual layer discs. As far as I know is you can't just download an original game off the net to play on the 360. You need to actually have the original disc to create a raw image of the game.

3. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

the ones on net are supposed to be raw image of game, and i used dvd-r. my firmware supports that.

4. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

the error your getting is what you would get if you burned the game for an original xbox and tried to put it in a 360. Was there an SS bin that came with it or possibly a .dvd file.

5. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

There was not an .ss bin file but i thought that was only for xbox360 games.

6. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

No you need it for xbox originals also. That file you downloaded was probably intented for a modded xbox 1 unless you know otherwise.

7. egomaniac

egomaniac Regular member

I am curious about this also. How exactly are originals checked and seen as original games on the 360 but an exact copy does not? Can't be the ss file since even originals weren't made with them right?

Also if the SS file is the culprit is can an original iso be injected with an SS file(specific or universal), burned on a DL disc and played(i assume yes but wanted to make sure on this)?

8. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

All games were made with Security Sectors even the original xbox games. Oh and viper if you have a program called SS Patcher you can use it to extract the SS and also build an xbox 360 type iso. Just use the New Image function and put your iso in the game.iso section, and select "use dummy data" for the video section.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  9. xjufox

xjufox Member

hi, in similar situation with x: 5014.0 b:1884.0 error. how would i know if the ss file is already implemented in the iso image?? because what i have is bunch of rar files, after i unrar them i'm left with iso image so i burned it with clonecd onto dvd-rw and then onto dvd+r and still have the same error, and i don't like to make coasters.
    also should i change booktyping??

10. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

no, it needs to be made to be played on a 360

11. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

So can somebody please explain the steps to be taken after downloading an .iso which requires extraction from about 30 .rar files.

For instance,
    Step 1: extract files to make .iso
    Step 2:....

12. xjufox

xjufox Member

btw, just made another coaster from dvd+r but this time i set booktype to dvd-rom with ImgBurn, still get the same error.... the game that i'm trying to burn is Thief Deadly Shadow for xbox (the first one not 360), the game is on the compatibility list so what am i doing wrong?