1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox1 games on modded 360

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by dazzy999, Jun 11, 2007.

1. dazzy999

dazzy999 Member

Hi, i have a modded Xbox 360 and i want to play xbox1 games on it. i fi install the update from the microsoft would it have any effect on the firmware ? Thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

no, it should not effect the firmware. Just make sure you know which DVD drive your 360 has, and how to make the Xbox1 games so they work correctly on your 360. If they are original Xbox1 discs you should not have a problem.

3. dazzy999

dazzy999 Member

Thanks a lot steimy. I was reading about consoles being bricked after a dasboard update, so i thought id ask before i do anything.
    I have the Hitachi drive. Would the games backed up for xbox1 work on it or does it have to be burned the 360 way on a dual layer disk /

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

5. dazzy999

dazzy999 Member

Thanks a lot chunkie.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

the only problem that the Hitachi drive will have is if the disk is not an original disc, but a back up copy. The Hitachi drive can not play a DVD5 (4.7GB DVD) disc. All Xbox1 games must be made a certain way (using Xbox Backup Creator) and copied to a DVD9 (dual layer DVD+R DL) disc in order for it to work. They have many Xbox1 games on the internet that have already been correctly made to play on a 360 that can just be obtained and burned to a DVD9 disc. I suggest using Verbatim as they seem to work best for most people.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007