1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox360 and Ext HDD's

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by kirky155, Jan 14, 2007.

1. kirky155

kirky155 Member

Hey guys im looking at purchasing a 320gb SATA HDD with External Casing for my Home Network Storage and I'm just wondering is there anything I can do to the HDD so my Xbox360 can detect the HDD and save Game Profiles to the External Hard Drive. I ask this because I'm not really prepared to spend $110 AUS on an MS Official 20gb HDD when I can get a 320gb for about $40 more.

Cheers

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I'm not totally sure if you can save to the External HDD, but my friend has an external HDD, and he has like music and videos on it, and he can plug it up to his 360 and listen to the music, and watch the movies. You could check out Xbox-Scene and see if there is anything like that under tutorials for the Xbox 360.

3. ModdaMIke

ModdaMIke Guest

well from what i have heard you can wait a while and get a 100 gig with the 360, a supposed release with the V2

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

You could also take apart your 20GB HDD for the 360. It has a 20GB laptop HDD in it, and if you took all of the files from that, and put it on an 80GB Laptop HDD, it may work. Haven't tried it yet. As soon as I get an 80GB Laptop HDD though, I'll see if it works.

5. ModdaMIke

ModdaMIke Guest

that does work if its a serial ata and all that good stuff