1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox360 divx player

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sid999, Feb 2, 2008.

1. sid999

sid999 Regular member

will a modded xbox360 play divx ..if not is there a way to make it

2. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

If you got the latest update from live it plays divx no need for mod,But just to answer the question,no a modded xbox cant play divx unless you dl the codecs,which again is from live.

3. camj979

camj979 Member

how can you DL the codecs from Live??
    I put a DVD with a Divx file on it in my 360 and it just says "Mixed Media Disc" and won't play it.
    I believe I have the latest update (where exactly can you check that in the Dashboard?), so I'm wondering why it won't play the DVD.

4. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

Go to media tab in dashboard,than select video,then hit change source then select currunt disk then select file on disk then play away.

5. camj979

camj979 Member

OK...but what about streaming the DivX file?? My 360 won't recognize the file, only .avi and .wmv files. Is there a special mod to stream DivX files?? I'm running WinXP Home, not Media edition, could this be a problem??

6. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

If you have windows media player 11, You have to set it up to share,Go to sync tab then select more options then the libary tab set it to allow shareing for xbox.Then go below to the monitoring folder,s in select your the main folder where you put your movies,then it should find them all in play them.If it don't play them try to play while connected to live then it will update again then it will play your file.And if that fails, it's prob a diff codec and you will have to use something else to transfer it like transcode 360.
    I am running a dual boot os and I use xp pro as my main os and it work's better then any other program out for streaming.No need for media center

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008