1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX360 Flashing, Not Happening

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by musotechy, Aug 26, 2007.

1. musotechy

musotechy Member

Could someone please advise.

I am trying to flash my xbox360 with xtremebootmaker 0.5.3. I have and MS28 drive so, I have tried the bad-flash method and the normal method but both with the same effect.

I boot into dos and type xread + serial, I get the message 'drive scanned' and then it lists XTREME as drive 1, choose one drive. I type in '1' and I am supposed to get to chose a port (the guide says). I don't get that option at all, all I do get is the following line appear:

Port: d800, Master/Slave: b0

And then the curser drops to the line underneath and sits there flashing. I can no longer interact with dos and have to reboot. I have left this screen as is for several minutes in case it's taking longer than expected (not sure exactly how long it should take) but, nothing.

Has anyone come across this before. As far as I know the boot drive I made is all ok and correct. I used xtremebootmaker to detect my ATA drivers and add the patch. Is it something I am doing wrong, or maybe my pc ports etc.

Many Thanks

muso

2. Pittfan

Pittfan Regular member

Use mtkflash with an xtreme FW.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  3. musotechy

musotechy Member

Cheers for the info, i'll look it up.

muso

4. Pittfan

Pittfan Regular member

get xtreme 2.0 fw that has all the files needed to back up your orig.bin , also has mtkflash. back up your orig.bin first then get a newer Xtreme FW . I use Xtreme 5.2 . then flash it with the newer fw

5. musotechy

musotechy Member

I will give it a whirl.

Could you point me in the direction of a guide for this method. I only have the extremebootmaker guide.

Many Thanks

6. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

7. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

What kind of sata chipset are you using. And are you turning off the console for 10seconds right when it asks to choose the Xtreme drive.

8. musotechy

musotechy Member

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried the 10 second trick. I have tried it on my old PC which does have a VIA chipset but, it may be that the chipset is to old. I am going to try this at work on one of the more modern VIA chipsets and see how it goes there.

Thanks

muso