1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox360 Mod Questions (Buying service, updating, burning)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by martin280, Dec 3, 2007.

1. martin280

martin280 Member

Hi Guys.

I've decided to post my questions here because it looks like there are many knowledgeable and helpful people here. It's just around Christmas so I wanted to give myself a present!

I'm interested in having my Xbox 360 Modded. I have looked at tutorials, but to put it simple, I have a laptop and probably lack some of the hardware required. So I was wondering:

1) Is there a reputable service where I can send my Xbox 360 in to get it modded?
    2) How could I go about updating the firmware with my laptop, ie, do I need any special hardware or can I use a thumbdrive for example.

I'm willing to purchase the necessary hardware add-ons for my laptop if I need any.

This brings me to the second part. Assuming I can upgrade the firmware, I will need to burn games. From my understanding that requires a very certain kind of DVD Burner that can do a certain thing.

3) Can anybody recommend an external DVD Burner that is compatible?

I will most likely go on a Newegg shopping spree to get what I need, assuming it is doable.

I would really appreciate any help that I can get with the process of buying a modding service, keeping the firmware up to date, and burning games with my laptop.

I would like to note that I have a Samsung drive I believe. I've never opened up the case, but assume that from the drive tray. You can see the tray here to see whether I am correct.

[​IMG]

Thank you.

2. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

Sorry man it's not possible to use labtops. Just order a pci sata via-6421 card online then just install everything except raid tools. Borrow somebodys computer then flash away with your pen drive.

3. martin280

martin280 Member

Oh no! Samsung has to use the SATA connection huh? I was thinking of getting the Blaster360-- too bad it couldn't use the USB! Darnit.

I was looking it up and there were apparently some SATA Cardbus floating around with the correct chipset but they seemed to have dropped off the face of the Earth (Like this one http://www.topmicrousa.com/wbt-6030v.html. Does it have to be the via 6421 chipset on the SATA card?

Seems like there should be some sort of workaround for a laptop user ;)

What about an external DVD Burner... have any recommendations for a compatible one?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You can send it to me. I mod all drives except the 0079FL.

I ship with UPS and am located in Georgia.