1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX360 RROD, No fan power, No video

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by vegeta999, Jun 4, 2011.

1. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Hey guys, i started a business Buying XBOX360 RRODs, fixing them with the X-clamp fix and Ive been successful until 2 of my XBOX's have the same problem... after the XClamp fix, Normally the XBOX powers on, fans spinning and the heatsinks really heat up... but this time... when i turn it on, theres this short buz followed the fans spinning for 1 second then the RROD... nothing heats up, fans stay off... it jus stays blinking the 3 red Lights and nothing else happens... any ideas ?

2. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

have you tried reflowing it?

3. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Reflowing ??? whats that ? do you think they can still be fixed ?

4. majic99

majic99 Member

Im real late on this but i had a similar problem. i used the hybrid uni-clamp and only had two washers on the bottom side. one of the pins were touching causing a short. soon as i went back and added the washer, all was well.

5. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Search wooly's heatgun guide for a cheap reflow. You should always use flux. Xclamp is really a band aid fix and is not a perm. fix. Usually a month or two and then it craps out again.