1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox360 wireless connection help!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by eagle17, Jun 21, 2007.

1. eagle17

eagle17 Member

O.k. so I have a 360 that I added a new fan, some LED's, and a new case to...pretty basic stuff. However, my ethernet port is now on the fringe, it only connects when I put my ethernet cable in and put about 5 lbs. of pressure on top of it!

So I decided to buy a wireless adapter, seeing as the official M$ wireless adapter is 100 dollars I bought a Linksys adapter that was half that. However, I failed to realize that the linksys adapter connects via ethernet ... not USB ...weak.

So I have a USB-ethernet adapter I use for my computer that allows you to plug a wired ethernet cable into a USB port on your computer. So my thinking is if I connect the USB-ethernet adapter into my 360 and connect it to the new linksys adapter it will work.

I suppouse my question is, will my theory prove correct?

Eagle17

2. steimy

steimy Active member

why would ethernet be a problem. That is how my wireless adapter (also Linksys) hooks up to my 360 and it works like a champ. I would take ethernet over USB any day of the week.

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

i think he wants it to be USB becuase the ethernet port doesnt function as it should. must have weight put on it for it to properly make the connection. as for the answer to your question, i am not sure its worth a shot i guess.