1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xboxdash.xbe ms dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by FredLoke, Apr 27, 2005.

1. FredLoke

FredLoke Member

Hi I was chipping my xbox and was doing fine until i FTP my xbox with my computer and I erased the xboxdash.xbe and left the default.xbe one thinking i only needed one .xbe file and now when i try to turn on my xbox it says error 16. I backed up the hard drive prior deleting the file. I got the harddrive unlock code but when i connected it to my windows xp computer, as soon as it boots and detects the drive it says the drive is locked and asks for the password. i type it but it says its wrong, and does'nt even allow me to get into dos with the harddrive connected so im unable to run the program to unlock it. i also tried using the iso cd i made to try to boot off it but no luck. i have the xboxdash.xbe file but can't find a way to put it back in its spot...CAN ANY ONE HELP???

2. FredLoke

FredLoke Member

i also have xbox version 1.6 and the aladdin XT chip installed

3. Andoru

Andoru Member

had this prob last night error code that is

cdrw read slower than dvdr do

what worked for me to get stuff back on my box is that:

i made a emulator disk (DVDR) a while back, and this was settup in a multigame format with mediaxmenu being the os,i already had all my ftp info on the mediaxmenu config prior to burning the DVDR

cdrws are cool, but key word here is DVDR (ur box will always read a dvdr much faster)

if you have access to some folks, go there, burn some emus, or even just the evox, ux , mxm operating system with ur ftp info..put it in a nice case cuz you will need it..

i needed to open my rescue disk (last night)

God bless

4. FredLoke

FredLoke Member

i am using the dvd-r disc and it i made one with the evolution software an one with the slayer auto installer but when i insert it it says error 16 still...its like its unable to boot anything at all becuase of the missing file. the dvd disc work because it worked before i even had this problem

5. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

What kind of modchip do you have? tell me this and i will be able to help more.