1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XboxHDM Problem (probably and easy fix)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jack347, Apr 17, 2007.

1. jack347

jack347 Member

Hello I am trying to upgrade my Xbox's hard drive and have the eeprom and C drive and made an ISO file and can start up my PC from the CD drive.

XboxHDM starts up but after a while (or when I start making a selection) will run these long strings of lines with the linux penguin at the top and then just sort of locks up. Do you guys know of any solution to this problem? Did I just burn the ISO wrong and if so what is the process of burning it properly?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

did you let it go for about 2-3 minutes?
    Doe it give you any error before that happens?

This happened to me but i was told that after a few minutes it would move to a command promp where you type xboxhd to start the program. But mine gave an error:
    "you have passed an unidentified mode number. presss return to see video modes available or space to continue"

i was told it may be due to a conflict with the video card. But mine did not move to the command prompt as it should have.

3. jack347

jack347 Member

I did not wait for a few minutes let me try that...

4. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

This is normal. I learned pretty quickly that you have to have patience with xboxhdm.