1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XCopy Activation

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by sarkag, Sep 6, 2004.

1. sarkag

sarkag Member

I just called Ireland. They won't activate XCopy if you are calling from the US. They gave me the disconnected phone number for Candian support.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

This is not good news ... the last week or so Ireland was the only one helping with activatioins in the US. Canada wouldn't have helped. You could try the UK site.
    United Kingdom
    Technical Support &
    Software Activation Phone: +0845-166-2973
    Time: 08:30-17:00 GMT (16:30 Friday)

Or see if NYC Software can help, I've heard they will only help if you bought the software from them, but you never know.
    http://www.nycsoftware.com/dvdxcopy/support/faq/activate.htm

Also are you running any firewalls? Or using a router?

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

What's amazing is that if you go on Ebay or to some web sites they're still selling the application. I sort of understand the movie mogul's positions of preserving copy protections but since 321 removed those features it puts the program in the same category as DVDcopy2 which is still available for sale to residents of the United States.

5. sarkag

sarkag Member

I am using a linksys router, but did disable the firewall protection while attempting the online activation. Unfortunatley i was unsuccessful. I do hope that I can return the software. Atomicpark.com does advertise "30 Happiness Guarantee" I may find out if they really mean it...

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

sarkag

Get your money back if you can and then return here at AD and lets us show you how to do it for free.

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

sarkag,

That is some of the best advice you'll ever get :)

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

sarkag

Even if you don't get your money back, then come back to AD anyway and we'll make you feel you've successfully activated for free.

Let's just call this a welcome to AD.

9. ispy

ispy Regular member

Last week when I phoned UK support (Im in the UK)all phone calls were routed to Ireland,spoke to Ireland yesterday about RF Licences,no longer being issued.
    Cheers ispy

10. iatik

iatik Guest

Bollox! People in the U.S. READ THIS.
    You activate your Xcopy Platinum in Canada via LIVE phone. They're there to stay and they're very lovely. I've done it on several re-installs. But remember, you only have 7 installations on Xcopy, so don't waste them (Ghosting your HD is one way to spare it). PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO USA USERS

Phone number for live support in Canada - 519-963-3099

11. iatik

iatik Guest

Apologies all around.

I called this number today and they yelled at me. Read off my 3 license activations from their offices, and they had nothing more to say. Nevertheless, I was thrice lucky and it's over.

I've contacted the lawyer who represented 321 and asked if there's any recourse for all of us. Will post his reply if I hear back.