1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xcopy xpress pioneer dvr-106d

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hoffy, Jan 13, 2004.

1. hoffy

hoffy Member

can anyone help, i have a pioneer 106d burner, and dvd x copy xpress, using verbatim dvd-r disc it copys the film finre great picture and 5 into 1 digi sound, but the movie sticks and stutters after about an hour on some dvd players , but works fine on some cheaper dvd players, cant work it out please help.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi hoffy, Some quick possible reasons for your problem. 1st one is possible over compression. You can't control this with X copy express but can do movie only backup to help. 2nd reason may be media mismatch between what you are burning and what your players will play as in the +r -r media. If you burn a +R, make sure the player can play +R. Also do not put labels on your dvd copies. They cause this problem also. Cheap media could cause it too. Try these out one at a time to see if it helps.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

hoffy,

A little help - it would NOT be the compression done by DVD XCopy Xpress, it does it fine.

As Jerry mentioned concentrate on compatible media issue and cheap media - el "Cheapo" causes at least 25% of the problems that we see.

The MAXIMUM number of labels allowed per disc is 2, provided you have no wrinkles.

"P"

4. hoffy

hoffy Member

thanks guys i will try these , are verbatim not that good of quailty disc, and wot is a good disc to use, i will try a disc with no label on it and c how i get on thanks for your time guys hoffy

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

hoffy,

Verbatim are a fine media, I use it and Ritek -

When we talk about media compatability issues we are refering to Jerry's "Reason # 2. - -> see above -

"P"

6. hoffy

hoffy Member

thanx guys for your help , jerry was rite , putting labels on the disc caused this problem weird hey, i dont put labels on now and it works fine, is there a type of label u can put on that does not cause this problem , cheers hoffy ps keep up the good work

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi hoffy, If the labels were your problem, Just use the old Sharpie felt tip. My Player (Sony) has no problems with labels. But those that do will probably react with any type put on the disc. Its not worth the hassel. Glad we found your problem.
    Jerry

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Neato.com has labels, been used on over 450 DVD's with only a single failure, the first label had a wrinkle and when the second label was added, it was too much -

a 2 label max is the word !!

"P"