1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xectuer 2.6 flashing red and green

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by pushinair, Feb 25, 2005.

1. pushinair

pushinair Member

Just installed an Xecuter 2.6 into either a v1.4 or v1.5 xbox. powered up fine at first, but screen was black and white and had vertical sync issues (looked like a bad atari screen or something) tried flashing the bios anyway, and now the chip powers up, powers down, powers up, powers down, and powers up a 3rd time, this time with the eject LED flashing red and green. I disable the chip and boot to the MS Dash just fine. Any suggestions?

2. Da_Cobra

Da_Cobra Member

If you get the 3x booting up error, that means something is wrong with chip, maybe it's not aligned right? Or the chip is not flashed right? ...

3. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Scenario 1, If the chip boots up and gets stuck on the flubber screen and you have the xecuter logo on the bottom then it's probably a bios issue. Scenario 2, If all the lights are on the Modchip when you boot the Xbox and it takes you directly to Microsoft dash then check your D0. Scenario 3, If your getting a frag like you say...power up, power down,power up,power down then you D0 is fine and you would need to check you lpc pinheader install to make sure your chip is lined up properly. Did you go Solderless or what??? Anyways, if I missed something let me know!!

4. g1chehoo

g1chehoo Member

ahhh please help i flashed my Xbox Xecuter 2.6 chip with evox and now its not working!! whats wrong with it? Also the eject button is flashing green and red! what should i do? please help! and nothing is appearing on the screen!!!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

You used the EvoxM8 bios to flash the 2.6??? Is your Xbox a 1.6??? The Evox M8_16 or M8 plus_16 is for 1.6 and 1.6b xbox's only. If you don't have a 1.6 use the X2 4983.06 Bios. You flashed the chip wrong or it's not aligned properly. I'm not sure what bank you used but if you used bank2 for the Evox you need to switch to bank1 and reflash on the Cromwell Screen. Make Sure you flash 512 on 1 bank and not 1mb on banks 1&2. You have 1 last bank to play with so make it your best. Some of the Xecuter experts could help me if i'm wrong here but if you screw up both banks couldn't you reflash the Cromwell on both banks again and then reflash with the hacked bios?
    I forgot how to flash the xecuter...I think it's 256 on bank 1 & 256 on bank 2 right??

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005