1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter 2.3 Ce Install Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Ah2005, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Ah2005

Ah2005 Member

I recently bought a Xecuter 2.6 ce after having problems with my Xecuter 2.3lite+ (which worked fine until one day i think i put bad bios on it and it started clock looping endlessly) Anyways, my problem is that i installed the chip and everything checked out up until when it said to test it, the led lights on the mod chip say its enabled but my Xbox is booting the regular MS stuff when i have the chip on and off. Please if anyone can help that would be great.

PS. The harddrive i have, one that actually works doesnt load games, and the others dont work becuz one day my original harddrive got error 21, so i bought replacements on ebay and one of the replacements had gentoox on the HD, oddly thatz the only one that wouldn't clock loop with my previous chip.

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

If your chip lights up but boots to the MS dash then your DO is not in right. Make sure the DO wire is in the right hole according to your version Mobo..

3. Ah2005

Ah2005 Member

Mobo? lol, well i don't think it goes into a hole, does it? It didn't look like you put the d0 wire in a hole it looked like you just tape it onto the bottom part which was labled the d0 point in the tutorial's diagram. I am doing a basic install of it without the solderless adapter. Can I use scotch tape to tape down the wires to the bottom of the motherboard at the designated points or do i need to use electrical tape? Would it be better to get a solderless adapter? Because I might order one. Sorry, I'm a total newb to this stuff. I messed up my box before with error 21, and tryed ISO flashing my old modchip (xecuter 2.3 lite+) that my friend had in the xbox when he sold it to me, which i think i flashed wrong when trying to reflash it and sent it into endless clockloop when the modchip was on. With the solderless adapter do i just have to put the D0 wire in the hole on the top of the motherboard?

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

For the solderless adapter you use the D0 on top of the motherboard. The reason the wires were taped to the Mobo is because they were soldering the DO and Ground wire to the board. Sounds like you need to stick to the solderless adapter man...If you've never soldered before the Xbox Mobo isn't a good place to start. In my case I did the pinheader install but that's another story and topic.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  5. Ah2005

Ah2005 Member

Alright i used the apadapter and put the wire in the d0 hole like the adapter tutorial said and my led's light up on the mod chip but the blue screen for flashing bios doesnt come on, it just boots normal ms bios. Do you think the mod chip i orderered is just bad?

6. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Ok, your almost there!! The reason you have a solid light on the modchip is because the D0 is not in all the way, if the D0 was in properly you would get the Cromwell Flash bios screen instead of the original dashboard. You with me so far....Now, get a pair of tweezers, flashlight, or a Magnifying glass with a light(you can still use your hands but much easier with tools) and push the gold wire in the hole until you hear a clicking sound. After all this is done you should be up and running at the Cromwell screen to flash your chip.

7. Ah2005

Ah2005 Member

I hope your right, so the chip can have lights on the led and still not be completely in?

8. Ah2005

Ah2005 Member

nope i did the thing you told me to, and i herd the click and still same thing happens, the xbox flubber animation starts, and it goes to error 7, cuz i dont have the mother board and harddrive plugged in of course, so any ideas?

9. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Error 7 is HDD timeout...put the hd back in and everything and then see what you get. I usually flash with my orignal HD in and then upgrade the HD after that...the bios goes to the chips memory bank and not the old HDD, I do this to avoid error messages in case of a bad flash.. Let me know what happens

10. Ah2005

Ah2005 Member

FIne, but I don't think there will be any difference. Because when i was reading installation is said that it should give the blue screen with nothing connnected but the mod chip, the front panel wires, power, and the back plugs.

11. Ah2005

Ah2005 Member

Nope, still the same way, I should mention my original harddrive is bad, so i had to get another on ebay, and i cant use it unless i get the modchip to work.